Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Raccoons and Coyotes...but wheres the fish? Taft

Default Raccoons and Coyotes...but wheres the fish? Taft

OK..time to come clean. I've been snooping around these forums and digging through all this great info on fishing the duct, but havent had any great luck(mostly lack of skill i would assume) the many times i've been out there with my friend. We are from L.A. and usually get our striper action from Castaic off the shore from the dam and we do ok, but BAKO feels like a completely different beast! Last Thursday night was the final slap in the face that told me that I really needed to ask for some more detailed advice. A few of my friends wanted to check out the duct area around the Buena Vista Golf Course so of course I had to take them. We got there around 1am and a few of them soaked bait while i tried throwing whatever i had out there, even the KPN, but no action at all. Plenty of raccoons and a few coyotes, but no fish. After 2 hours we hit up the spot where the gates were at. Right as we got there 2 guys were leaving and they both had their limits of 2 good sized stripers each. We had hope...but that didnt last. After another 2 hours, it was getting too cold and morale was completely gone. We left at 5 and started our drive of shame home to beat the traffic. Six guys and not even one hookup.....I had failed myself and my friends....so any advice at this point is greatly welcomed! I keep seeing people say fish at the Siphons for bigger fish and that there are a lot of Siphons along the golf course area, but I still do not know what they are referring to.

PM DoubleA he has always helped me in the past great guy to learn from.

Personally, I'd go the Bako Guide Service route.
    You can see their striper prowess on the front page of FNN.
    The 1 time fee equates to a life time of knowledge.

Just keep at it and don't give up..

Quote Originally Posted by Priv. Noobster View Post
    OK..time to come clean. Six guys and not even one hookup....
    Dude?...........

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Dude?...........
    bahahahahahahahahahah
    Dude there had to be at least one hookup. 6 guys and not one? not even on the lonesome drive home?