Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wow! Bad Upstate NY Cop

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And of course, even though I play Devil's Advocate all the time, there are issues that are legitimate, this being one of them.

Individuals need to understand that, yes, skin color may have a factor on whether you get pulled over or not, simply because your license plate light is not working. I love watching COPS because I often see the "we saw this guy who we THINK could be buying drugs, and we will now pull them over because their left brake light is not functional." Never mind there are 100 other cars with a non-functioning tail lights in the immediate area that get to drive home that night.

Why is that?

That is my question here.

BTW, any hot fly spots lately?
    the only flys I see these day are at City Girl and City Sushi's softball games

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    the only flys I see these day are at City Girl and City Sushi's softball games
    Size 18? Dries or wet?

CDC? Or are you using Elk Hair? Or dog hair?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And of course, even though I play Devil's Advocate all the time, there are issues that are legitimate, this being one of them.

Individuals need to understand that, yes, skin color may have a factor on whether you get pulled over or not, simply because your license plate light is not working. I love watching COPS because I often see the "we saw this guy who we THINK could be buying drugs, and we will now pull them over because their left brake light is not functional." Never mind there are 100 other cars with a non-functioning tail lights in the immediate area that get to drive home that night.

Why is that?

That is my question here.

BTW, any hot fly spots lately?
    Being white, I'm less likely to be harassed. However, I have black and Hispanic friends. To a man, they all get stopped routinely for just driving. The sad part is, there is a simple solution for much of the problem. When police are required to wear body cams for all interaction with the public, these problems magically disappear. It also protects the cops from false claims of abuse. As an added benefit, criminals can't lie about something on tape. It's a win-win situation. But, guess who doesn't want to be taped... the police.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    But, guess who doesn't want to be taped... the police.
    And isn't that funny? The moment their actions are recorded, suddenly issues seem to dissipate?

As you said, you'd think all law enforcement would embrace being recorded, just to eliminate false claims of abuse.

But it's interesting on how some law enforcement agencies have drones and military vehicles, but yet have no funding to purchase dash cams or personal body cams for their officers?

Do I really need a bomb proof tank? It's not like the Dodgers just won the World Series or anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123