Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love at first sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    Are those speakers i see in that cat? If so, thats the first bass boat ive ever seen come equipped with a stereo system, lol. And ur color scheme is much easier on the eyes than all that molten red/orange looking color

So whats the story with basscats? I'm familiar with more of the well known name brands like nitro, ranger, champion, etc...but i'd never even heard of basscats till recently when i started seeing more and more people popping up with them?
    Speakers your asking, did you also notice the speakers in the seats?
    My experience being a BassCat owner has been nothing less than incredible. First I bought the boat at a bank repo auction. I had never owned a boat before and asked my ex business partner about BassCass and he convinced me to bid on it and I would not be sorry. Boy was he right, I called BassCat and told them I was bidding on one of their boats and was it possible to get a build sheet and info on the boat. No problem they said what is your fax number and 15 minutes later I had the build sheet that showed 5k worth of options that the auction company did not have listed. My first experience with service and I wasn’t even an owner yet.
    I found out last year at the West Coast Owners Tournament just how fast this boat is and got to talk to other owners about their BassCat experience. The BassCat hull design is fast and stable even in very rough water. My 200 hp model will out run other brands 225 hp models and keep up with most of their 250 hp models and it freaks them out.
    BassCat is a family owned business that has been building boats for over 40 years and they treat every owner like family. They also have been a J.D. Powers award winner for 5 consecutive years. No other bass boat builder has won the award once. The boats are not inexpensive but every detail from quality to service cannot be beat. I am the second owner and have a transferable lifetime warranty, no other builder has that.
    A fellow BassCat owner had a disabled warrior at a wounded warrior event damage his rear seat. When he called BassCat to order a replacement seat BassCat sent a new seat at no charge. This last Friday I called BassCat to order some goodies and bling for my boat and told parts that the rubber boots/weather covers on my bow trim switches needed replacement. They told me they only came as a set with the switches from the vendor and before I could say darn they said they would take two off the switches in stock and include them with my order at no charge.
    BassCat even has a series of videos showing how the boats are built and how they differ from the other brands.
    Some videos for your enjoyment, the first one is my model on a river in Idaho. The second is a BassCat doing 80 mph. And the last is how they are built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH3CLXEz5ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfaXY-tiED4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3DSnnqw8Z8

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Go for it DEVO,,,,,,,,,Your boat is all wore out,,,just look at it,,,,lol,,,,,,,,

If you buy that red boat I want the 1st W/O throttle ride,,,,,,,,,,,,but not in your blue rocket,,,,,,,All kidding aside,,,YOU KEEP THAT BLUE ROCKET,,,,That boat is badtothebone!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Well I showed my wife the pics and you know how excited women get about boys toys don't ya? Then she asked how much and then it got real quiet and I got the "Stink Eye", seems she could not wrap her head around 60+k. While she didn't exactly say no, my guess is it would require getting rid of the dog so I could have a place to sleep. I guess I will have to just keep "Old Blue" but I did order some goodies and bling for it.

60000 grand to shoot out of the hole.

60000 grand to ride for 2 mins (30 seconds in our drought lakes)

60000 to have penis envy.

Math don't add up.... keep your rig! You know the new river won't put one more fish onboard

If ya have to have penis envy then this BassCat Jaguar with the 350 hp supercharged Verado is the hot ticket at 80+k.

I wouldn't even drive that boat off the lot with rims on the trailer like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    I wouldn't even drive that boat off the lot with rims on the trailer like that.
    You can always upgrade to these. lol

Hey Dev, check this vid out, it's a little bit more local.

Anybody who's been out at DVL in a storm knows just how rough it can get...

Yip I have seen that video and the boat is a 2002 BassCat Pantera III and was discontinued in 2004 and replaced by the Pantera IV the same year with a new faster hull design among other things. Guys that have the PIII's love them and you rarely see a used one for sale.

Do it. You can always sleep in the new boat , lol.

Seriously though, your current rig is beautiful. Unless the new one comes with a guarantee that the fish will just jump in the boat, I'd stick with what you have. If you really feel the need to have a red boat, I have a Bass Tracker that I'll trade ya straight across.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 08-31-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Do it. You can always sleep in the new boat , lol.

Seriously though, your current rig is beautiful. Unless the new one comes with a guarantee that the fish will just jump in the boat, I'd stick with what you have. If you really feel the need to have a red boat, I have a Bass Tracker that I'll trade ya straight across.
    I actually paid less for my bank repo at auction than what a new Bass Tracker sells for.

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp...ems&Cat=5&il=0

New auction every Wednesday and Bass boats do come up and the closest location is in Kingman, Az. Great deals on Rv's and other stuff also. I was actually looking for an RV when the BassCat came up for auction in Reno, NV.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 08-31-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast