Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vail Lake Sold

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Lox and Cream Cheeze for the WIN, it can't be beat. lol

ps: Art are you still able to launch your Ranger???
    It has been very entertaning to say the least. I have launched with very little trouble, but pulling out of the water has been less than fun. With the repair work being done on the ramps this week, it should make things much easier. With that being said, the fishing is still crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
    Just a comment about the hot dog thing. I was curious too, so I talked to the experts, the guys who fish from the dock. Apparently it started off as using hot dogs to fish for catfish, but they started catching way more bass than catfish on them. It seems what you do is cut off a slice of hot dog throw it out and just wait until a bass finds it and takes off. Funny, huh? A variation of the old bait and wait. I found out early on fishing at Vail that you really can't use cut bait for catfish unless you want to be harassed by those ubiquitous bass.
    I've got some nice ones out of Lake Mission Viejo this way while aiming for Cats. It's weird how a 4+lb bass will ignore my drop shot but somehow want to eat my hot dog chunk on a 5/0 circle hook. Hell, I've even gotten trout early in the summer this way as by catch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12