Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Your first motor vehicle ?

Default Your first motor vehicle ?

This was mine it was a 1965 Yamaha 80 trail bike I had during high school, damn I loved that bike and it was street legal. I think my home lawn mower has more horse power then that bike had.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1965 80.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	44029

Pair of Roces Majestic 12s.

Then it was a 77' Honda CVCC that i ran into the ground.

A powder blue 1960 Mercury Comet station wagon. It had a 170ci straight six, the top speed was about 70mph. If you leaned on the car the blue powder got all over you.

1958 Impala,Teal green and white,same color combo on interior.
    I paid $35.00 for it,this was in 1967 or so,I replaced the battery,generator,and a couple of other minor things and sold it for $350.00, kinda cool to make quick cash like that. That was many,many, cars ago.

Cya Tuna Vic

Hodaka Ace 90

Grew up as one lucky teenager car wise as my Dad was a car aficionado. It didn't hurt to have an uncle that owned a speed shop and another that owned a paint and body shop. First car on my 16th birthday was a 1954 Ford Victoria hardtop. Within a year it was turned into a bull nosed, decked, Frenched headlights, chrome wheels, Appleton spotlights, tuck and roll interior and a metallic Jade green paint job show car. And to make sure it was as fast as it looked good we dropped a Latham supercharged 430 ci Lincoln motor with a B&M hydro in it. Ran the quarter mile drags at 106 mph with and 13.52 et. Had a motor cop in town that was the dread of every teenager and I don't think I ever missed a Friday night of cruising that I wasn't stopped and had the car looked over.

A 63 Chevy Short Bed Pick up, once owned by a concrete contractor that had pretty much worn it out. Rusty, covered with cement and a blown head gasket.
    Got it cleaned up and sold it.

The next vehicle is one I wish I still had. A 66 Chevelle Malibu 2 door hard top. Oh well live and learn.

Last edited by Which Way Out; 05-03-2014 at 08:19 AM.