Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Long Beach Harbor?

Default Long Beach Harbor?

Are there closures in eastern end of Long Beach harbor? Thinking of launching in Los Alamitos Bay and going out towards Cherry Beach and the breakwater. Thanks!!

You can fish anywhere in LB now from water. 100 yards from any container, cruise, oil terminal is still they law I think.

Launch at Cherry, less paddling.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    You can fish anywhere in LB now from water. 100 yards from any container, cruise, oil terminal is still they law I think.
    I can confirm the 100 yard rule. Homeland Security chased us away from a Carnival ship while we were tubing LB Harbor by the QM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    I can confirm the 100 yard rule. Homeland Security chased us away from a Carnival ship while we were tubing LB Harbor by the QM.
    Hit it when there is no cruise ship in.
    Lots of bait off Pier J lately.
    DR

They were courteous though. lol.

Watch out for the Bull seals. There was a solid 300-400lb one near us when we were tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    They were courteous though. lol.

The Homeland dude would have probably been fine with us fishing there if you hadn't been wearing that buff. He must have thought you were form the Asian Taliban tribe LOL.

The Homeland dude would have probably been fine with us fishing there if you hadn't been wearing that buff. He must have thought you were form the Asian Taliban tribe LOL.
    Nah, it was your silly hat lol!