Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: World record Trout caught ice fishing in Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Save me your Oildale retrospectives. Just climb the pole like the good lapdog you are.
    You need to back off the Oildale references at this point. I've come to expect more from you. Its a tad bit stale

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    You need to back off the Oildale references at this point. I've come to expect more from you. Its a tad bit stale
    Ya, I would expect more from someone that claims not to be an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.

So the question begs is da Quagga a "Phony or a Troll"?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    So you are the one who decides when a tread should end eh tucky? Funny, it's you who first took the thread in a direction not of the authors intention.

Man, you are really something else dude. You have now deemed this an "us vs them" political thread? Lol, go figure man.

Funny how now, since this is my thread, I'm being forced to defend what I posted because someone has decided it's an "us vs them" poaching thread and the author, supposedly because he's a "conservative", must now support poaching. How frigging ridiculous is that?

Here it is tucky, the thread was started because a guy caught a world record ice fishing lake Trout, and then had it confiscated because the government created the "one fish limit", hence my reference to "the government". I love the way it then becomes a "he's a frigging dooooshbag poacher and if you agree with him you suck" issue. And the guy actually admits that he made a mistake. But that wasn't my point anyway. My point was the fact that the guy goes through all the trouble, time and money spent getting there, drilling a hole in the ice only to drop his line and hook a fish as soon as he got there. If it's gut hooked you're done. All that trouble just to get shut down after one freaking fish. Yup, the law's the law but geez, wouldn't YOU get pissed if your day ended that quickly? I would. The guy thought he cleared himself by giving up his first fish, like would have worked here. His mistake.

But since you have deemed it a "political" thread now, I might as well join in. Ever been to Lac la Croix lake tucky? It's freaking massive at 34,070 acres and 168ft deep at its deepest. Definitely not one of your beloved pay to play worship the stock truck so cal mudholes. And it's indeed one of thousands of lakes in the area. There is a lake, pond, creek, stream or river everywhere up there, literally. And with that being said, there are millions upon millions of fish, huge fish everywhere. A one small fish your day is done in the winter limit seems to me to be a bit "extreme" considering all the effort, money and time it takes just to fish...
    Hey I've got a fishing question. You make mention if you gut hook a fish you're done. I C&R 95% of all my fish, if there gut hooked I just cut the line and gently release the fish. As far as I know, there is no condition of the fish requirements to C&R anywhere. Do you know differently????

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Ya, I would expect more from someone that claims not to be an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.

A Troll. But by definition, an anonymous Troll is a phony.

From one of our resident Trolls favorite info sites wikipedia;

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]"

More from the Urban dictionary;

troll
    1a. Noun
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
    A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
    A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun
    A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

All of the above, and there are more than one here...

Some of us actually fish some not so much.

Where she at?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Ah cutbait, this is not a slam on you Bako Boys. This particular meme started a while ago, and in fact was initiated by Dev or one of his cronies. Too bad it didn't quite work out in his favor. If I wanted to slam Bakersfield, there would be enough ammo to do it in a totally different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post

I've claimed no such thing. Get your head out of your ***.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    A Troll. But by definition, an anonymous Troll is a phony.
    Oh Hawgy, you are so funny. You claim legitimacy because you've elected to not be anonymous. As if your choice will somehow compel others to not remain anonymous. That, by definition, is trolling. Sorry, but I'm not biting.

But hey, let's get back on topic, on a thread that has gotten more pages than it really deserves. Was it a record trout? Yep. Do I applaud the time and effort put in to the catching of said fish? Sure. Is the angler a poacher and therefor unworthy of the record title? Absolutely. Any time you fish a body a water, you agree to abide by the rules of that body of water. You may not like it, and you may have strong "political" feelings about it - but rules are rules, and you don't get to challenge those rules whilst angling.

I shot fifty times and it took him an hour to die,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,taking an animal with the wrong weapon ,and not taking them out with one shot is very weak,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh but that comes from a former target team champ and expert medal winner from uncle sams army,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe you should have got youre self an a/k and made look like a cheese grader,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey d/f ,,,,,,,,,,,l/g ,,,,,,,uses the b/s in the can for a mouthwash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

This is some quality work here, the level of entertainment provided is top notch. Nothing beats a group of idiots fighting to prove who is the dumbest.

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    This is some quality work here, the level of entertainment provided is top notch. Nothing beats a group of idiots fighting to prove who is the dumbest.
    I like the way you think!!!!! I didn't join FNN to be Character, but I was forced into it. Two prison stints in the FNN Jail changes a man. The only way to beat these people is to fight fire with fire. lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast