Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing in Long Beach Area

Default Fishing in Long Beach Area

Thought I would put this out there and see if anyone responded. My best friend (who is now hooked on fishing) is coming out to visit me this weekend. He lives about 2 hours from the nearest beach, so when he comes out, he can't wait to get his feet and the sand and LC in the water! I've seen some reports showing off some nice hali catches lately, mostly from down south. So instead of hitting up my local beaches again, we decided to give the LBC a try! On Saturday (Feb 22), we plan on fishing the day in the Long Beach area, having lunch at Yard House and then fishing just north of Malibu after lunch until the sunsets. We're heading down south in hopes of hooking into something other than surf perch. We might also be bringing 2 other fellow FNN'ers with us (for a total of 4 people) down south this weekend.

First off, if anyone would like to join us, please send me a PM and we will coordinate. Second, if anyone who lives in the LBC could maybe steer us to an AO that has some decent hali action, that would be very much appreciated! I know how secretive everyone is of their AO's... but let me assure you that a drive down to Long Beach is about 90 minutes each way for me. Poaching from your AO in the future isn't exactly convenient and if you do choose to share, I promise that I won't share your AO with anyone.

So, on that note... if you have any info you can give or want to hook up this weekend to fish, please send me a PM. Thanks and hope to see some of you southern anglers on the sand!

I have some legit halibut spots in lb. One that i have no problem sharing publicly is Cherry St. Its a major street in lb that runs perpendicular to the water. Check it out on google maps...what you want to do is walk straight to the water from where cherry dead ends...if you line up where you are fishing perfectly with cherry you're in a clutch spot...some of the biggest halibut caught in lb were caught there....are u gonna be float tubing or fishing from shore? If your tubing work from that spot to the Olympic pool and back pm me for more spots

Pm sent good luck

Thank you to the several people who reached out... alot of the intel seems to overlap, so I think I know where to try out. Once again, if anyone would like to join us, please send me a PM and we can coordinate a meeting place via text.

Here is the fish report for this trip...

Bat Rays, Broken Lines, Monkey Knife Fight and Turtled Again!

Long Beach is great if you want to target short Halibut.
    DR