Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL Report 12/15/13 Techtito

Default SARL Report 12/15/13 Techtito

Arrived at SARL around 7:30am Sunday… Lot of shore fishing, not so many tubers. Posted up to the right of the boat ramp for about 2 hours. Nothing…Then moved to the left of the bubble hole for the rest of the day…nothing. Seemed like everyone one was catching but me… people to the left and to my right were both hooking up threw out the day…I tried almost everything…different leader lengths, different baits and presentations…even brought out my super 12’ rod and casted really far. Bite was on Yellow Tail Orange Head Mouse tails for everyone but me…It’s been a long time since I've had a skunk…oh well. I did see one guy right next to me Net Pole a Lightning Trout, and it seemed to me he had a full stringer already…Didn't say anything just gave him the stink eye…BUT…5 minutes later Net Pole guy hooks up…fights the fish for a while then loses it close to shore…GOOD!!! Hahahaha. It was a beautiful day to be out fishing either way… I did borrow some gear from FishBones…I think that’s where the bad Juju came from!!!

Maybe the bait you were throwing at them. Trout are hitting power bait but they are focusing more on worms. bright colors also
    A bad day of fishing is better than no fishing
    get them next time

I started with inflated night crawlers...then tried...several bright colored mouse tails... yellow orange...pink white...Orange white...Yellow tail Orange was hitting for others, I had one on one pole all day...did get two bites on that thou...maybe I was just out too far.

Maybe thats why! is always best with two rods because you have different baits out there
    i went on saturday and we limited out close to the shore and pretty far out

Quote Originally Posted by Techtito View Post
    I started with inflated night crawlers...then tried...several bright colored mouse tails... yellow orange...pink white...Orange white...Yellow tail Orange was hitting for others, I had one on one pole all day...did get two bites on that thou...maybe I was just out too far.