Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New fnn rookie "basscatch"

Default New fnn rookie "basscatch"

Hi FNN members, my name is Rick, i am from South Gate, CA in south Los Angeles. I am 31 y/o, been fishing for about 10 years now, also an army vet, i was in from august 2000 thru august 2008 as a combat medic. I enjoy fishing as much as possible, local lakes, urban creeks, and natural rivers, dams you name it...Mostly into bass, but i fish for trout during the winter when the bass bite dies down...I am here to share my reports, and learn from others reports...Thanks in advance to all of you!
    -Rick aka "BASSCATCH"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-09-24 19.12.38.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	42902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-09-24 19.11.19.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	42903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-09-24 19.11.26.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	42904

^ Above are some pictures taken from my last bass caught at magic ervin park in south los angeles, on 9-24-13, weighted in at 6 lbs 2 oz, was released shortly after the picture, i always practice C&R no matter how big or small the bass, or trout maybe. caught on my shimano scimitar rod 6' 6" medium light fast action, and a shimano sienna 1000 reel, on 6 lbs test line, on a 1/0 offset hook, and watermelon candy berkley power worm.
    Last edited by BASSCATCH; 10-07-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Big Thanks for your service to the country!

Killer catches an welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm welcome gogreen.

Nice LMB,especially in small city lake WTG and welcome,keep the reports and pics coming.

Cya TUNAVIC

Thanks TUNAVIC, and will share as much as i can, might go to JENKS LAKE this sunday, and try out the early trout bite.

I've done only freshwater fishing, but i've been watching youtubes on calico bass fishing, and it looks so muck like LMB fishing...I'd love for someone to show me the ropes on these bad boys...

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to your reports.

For sure reports will be given, as soon as possible.

Welcome, enjoy the site.

Thanks Wingnut...