Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Antelope Valley Transplant

Default Antelope Valley Transplant

Hey guys.

I just moved out to AV from Phoenix.

So far I've been fishing the Aqueduct for catfish with mostly good luck. I've been to Apollo a few times but only caught the little carp out of there.

I'm really excited about trout! So far Apollo sounds like the only place in this area to catch them?

Look forward to interacting and sharing on this board!

Mike

Mike, WELCOME....There's going to be a trout derby at Apollo Nov. 2, starting at 7:00am til 11:00am. You can get tix at the Parks and Rec Office at 55th St West and Ave L-8.
    Nearby there's also Elizabeth Lake, Little Rock Res., Jackson Lake for trout. Also Brite Lake in Tehachapi that will be having a derby also sometime in April.
    Apollo will also be having another trout derby in March, where lots of the proceeds will fund the kids derby in April.
    Apollo trout derby pays out for the ten biggest fish.....first place could be over $2000.
    I'll be at the Fall Apollo Derby, maybe see you there !
    Also, the line for the derby usually starts at 3:00am, but be there for sure by 7:00am
    TTFM

Sorry everyone about where to get the tickets......All derby tickets now are only sold the day of the event AT the event for $20.
    That line to buy your entry ticket will be way long and it will take forever to get in. BIG MISTAKE NOT SELLING PRE-EVENT TIX.
    TTFM

Thanks. I went to Brite a couple times now and I've caught my limit each time. Been great fishing.

I wanted to take part in teh Apollo thing since it's right around the corner from my house but I'm out of town Saturday. Hopefully there's some left Sunday!

What about crappie? Elizabeth?

If you want to drive a few miles north there is Lake Isabella (Mud Pond), good fishing for Cats, Trout and Bass, and you can camp around the lake also.

Welcome, glad to have ya on board...