Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fri Morning 9/13

Default Fri Morning 9/13

I launched my float tube from sail cove at 630 am, the lake was pretty empty, a few kayakers were out in sail cove and maybe one boat out deep. Worked the reeds right away with a fluke, landed one dink to beat the skunk. About ten minutes later landed a chubby little LMB. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small077.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	42551. Worked my way down the dam, got a few bites but lost the hook set, landed one moreClick image for larger version. 

Name:	small083.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	42553 but spent most my time trying to get my hook and weights unstuck. No bites for a while, worked my way back down the dam, got another dink, got him off the hook fast, recast at same spot, got another bigger dink, they were both dark ones. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small087.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	42552. It started to get hot and there was little wind, so i started getting away from the dam and fish deeper water. Almost right away i hook up on this LMB, prob my biggest of the day, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small092.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	42554. If you notice his dorsil fins are stripped to the bone. As I was trying to grab him he jumped and his fin went into the front of my tube. He punctured my tube in two spots, i didnt notice at the time so i just kept on fishing. I hooked up one more time Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small097.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	42555 in about 18 feet of water. After landing that fish I noticed my tube was kinda leening to the left, that is when i saw my left float tube bladder low on air. I was already close by where i launched, so i didnt panick, i could tell it was a slow leak. I tried my luck for a few more cast, ten minutes later i called it a day and got off the water by 1230pm. I was kinda bummed, i was trying for a double digit fish count day, but it was still a beautiful day and I had fun. Once i got home i removed my bladder, found the two pin hole punctures, sealed and patched em up. Ill let it dry overnight and test it out tomorrow, hopefully it works.

Hey nice going on the green carp. No really bass are a great fish, and I've caught lots of them, but now at my old age (Ha ha), I'm finding out just how much fun large panfish are to catch on light tackle. I still will sometimes bring a "bass rod" along and make a few casts for them, and I still fish Fairmount Park for bass. It was a nice day today, out on the lake, not as hot as they said it was going to be. I still took a little swim at Bernasconi after I got all my gear loaded up on my cart! Water was nice!

Very exciting post, you must have really had a good time .
    TED

Great report! Looks like you had an awesome time out there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    Great report! Looks like you had an awesome time out there!!!
    I really did, it was just what the doctor ordered. I just pressure tested my float tube bladder and the patch seems to be working, leaving it inflated overnight to make sure no leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowlayer View Post
    I really did, it was just what the doctor ordered. I just pressure tested my float tube bladder and the patch seems to be working, leaving it inflated overnight to make sure no leaks.
    Great job. I was out there on the same day and got skunked. Your story is a reminder to wear personal flotation when tubing or boating.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowlayer View Post
    Great job. I was out there on the same day and got skunked. Your story is a reminder to wear personal flotation when tubing or boating.