Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Schiff: 2/3 of America to Lose Everything Because of This Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Aren't you out of race cards yet or do you print them like the Fed prints money? Just askin' as you never seem to run out! Now where did I put my Rose Colored glasses, where are they.
    Your attempt to make light of your bigotry only demonstrates what a pathetic ignorant person you are.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I just really like the idea of a presidential candidate addressing a crowd while her spouse calmly picks lice off her body and eats them.
    That's quite a picture... It's probably accurate since Squatch would probably be a hominid.

Hey none of that Monkey type of stuff or Quagga will call you RACIST!
    The difference is we are thinking monkeys and apes instead of people...

Aren't you out of race cards yet or do you print them like the Fed prints money? Just askin' as you never seem to run out! Now where did I put my Rose Colored glasses, where are they.
    The reason there are plenty of cards is because there are so many racist comments...

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    The difference is we are thinking monkeys and apes instead of people...
    But but I thought we are descendants of monkeys and apes?

Damn creationism is getting in my way of understanding how things actually occurred....
    Last edited by seal; 08-23-2013 at 04:38 PM.

You know so little about what drives me and my past contributions of both time and money to those less fortunate and to those that are socio-economic oppressed. I will give you my earliest example that came after the Watts riots in the 1960’s. Watts needed help and government grants were available everywhere and I was on a task force thru a nonprofit foundation to bring jobs and opportunity to Watts. People needed jobs and they had to be local jobs to help revive and rebuild the Watts community and to decrease poverty.

Calling on literally hundreds of business's to take advantage of government monies to locate or add facilities in the area was tireless work for those of us that volunteered with little or no interest from those we contacted. Most if not all wanted nothing to do with it. And not because it didn’t make good business sense and they could make a profit, because it did, but they were scared riots would happen again and crime and gangs were also rampant, they were simply afraid to physically be in or do business in Watts.

It was only after a light bulb went off in my head that a facility using the handicapped and disabled might crack open the flood gate and start the ball rolling. My own business made it a point to hire handicapped workers and they were the best workers you can get if you match them properly with their limited abilities. And handicap charity's could help me reach my goals.

My business at that time had 125+ employees and was a labor intensive product line with no automation. Much of it as in any manufacturing business at that time was repetitive work and boring and quality control was all important as some products had lives dependent on it not failing in the field. Thus 90%+ were jobs filled by women and handicapped people and more than 60% were minority employees because of our physical location and it was how I got involved in the Watts project. A break thru came when two companies committed to use the services of handicap workers if I could get it set up and running.

Finding a building was no problem as vacancies were the norm, hundreds and hundreds of handicapped minorities were in the community being underserved and it would be a starting point.

Visiting the elected community leaders was a real eye opener as they cared little of their constituents plight and wanted only to know how would it benefit them personally and how much would we be making in contributions toward their reelection. I can tell you a horror story of a local councilman that wanted a large share of the company stock assigned to a family member as he could guarantee we could get the money from the government with his congressman’s help. Of course the Congressman also needed his palms greased with a little company stock also. That was the last meeting or conversation I ever had with that councilman.

It was only after a meeting with a local church pastor quite by accident that the door opened and the power of the local church leaders made things happen. I also think the project had God's approval. Most of the volunteer legwork came from the churches own members as they put great leverage on the elected officials and power brokers.

Getting a zoning variance to allow lite manufacturing in a building zoned for retail was next to impossible although vacant retail buildings were everywhere and commercial manufacturing buildings were nonexistent. And try to get a variance to put a fence and gate around a parking lot so the workers cars would not be stolen or stripped forget about it until the church members applied a little pressure on the right people.

I went to more church potlucks in a couple of months than I had previously been to in my life and also had some the best food in my life (oxtail, greens, fried Okra, red beans and fat back were the best, Chittlins not so much). And they had fried chicken and ribs also but that would be racist to talk about if Quagga found out about it. For those that like fried chicken the secret I learned is use only lard or Crisco and add the secret ingredient: Bacon drippings to it and don’t skimp.

Nearly all of my meetings in the Watts community were after I had put in a full day at my business and Watts at night for a young white man was just plain stupid my family and friends said. If you think for one moment that being a 25 year old successful white businessman in the 1960’s telling a black audience in Watts that I was there to help them was an easy task I’ve got some Florida swamp land to sell ya. But for the grace of God and a number of clergy members we got it to happen and I have never forgotten the satisfaction of doing it and the friendships I developed.

In a future post or topic I will post the two questionnaires that I handed out at each meeting I had during that time and that I still handout today, as I still do public speaking only now I get paid handsomely for it. It is a questionnaire that I gave my two sons when they graduated from high school as well as my grandson, numerous nieces and nephews to be used as a tool in life success measurement and goal attainment. When I gave my financial planner a copy 17 years ago he asked if he could copy it and give to his clients, he still hands them out today. Part two of the questionnaire is what drives it all home.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 08-23-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Dev, you seem to think that because you extended a helping hand to those ultimately subservient or at a disadvantage to you (in the pursuit of your own business quests), that you somehow get a pass for making bigoted remarks. You are sadly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    But but I thought we are descendants or monkeys and apes?

Damn creationism is getting in my way of understanding how things actually occurred....
    Just for the record, we aren't descended from monkeys or apes. We diverged from monkeys long, long ago. More recently we diverged from the apes. We shared a common ancestor with apes millions of years ago. Chimps are our closest relatives alive today. As for us humans, we are recent arrivals as a species. We only diverged from one of the hominids preceding us between 70,000-120,000 years ago. So, from an evolutionary standpoint, we are all cousins, literally. By the way, Darwin didn't prove evolution. Evolution is a fact. He hypothesized on how evolution works i.e the origin of species. He essentially got it right. There have been minor modifications over time as we learn finer details. That sums it up nicely...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Dev, you seem to think that because you extended a helping hand to those ultimately subservient or at a disadvantage to you (in the pursuit of your own business quests), that you somehow get a pass for making bigoted remarks. You are sadly mistaken.
    You beat me to the punch. I was thinking along the lines of how we treat our pets. However, you captured it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    Just for the record, we aren't descended from monkeys or apes. We diverged from monkeys long, long ago. More recently we diverged from the apes. We shared a common ancestor with apes millions of years ago. Chimps are our closest relatives alive today. As for us humans, we are recent arrivals as a species. We only diverged from one of the hominids preceding us between 70,000-120,000 years ago. So, from an evolutionary standpoint, we are all cousins, literally. By the way, Darwin didn't prove evolution. Evolution is a fact. He hypothesized on how evolution works i.e the origin of species. He essentially got it right. There have been minor modifications over time as we learn finer details. That sums it up nicely...
    Doesn't 70,000 in animal years actually work out to about 3 or 4,000 human years? Just sayin'...

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast