Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hello from SoCal

Default Hello from SoCal

New guy in California - currently living in 29 Palms. Been fishing ever since I was a young un (7 to be precise), only managed 1 trip out since we emigrated here from the UK - Lake Fulmor, lots of small fish, managed a few keepers tho. Fished Lake Hemet from a rental boat - where I bagged my first ever bass, then my 2nd ever lol......fun fish to catch.

No doubt I'll be asking a boatload of questions, the differences between UK style freshwater and US style freshwater is pretty big (different, not better, not worse) and I"m having a load of fun learning.

Looking forward to learning more, and hope to share some stories with you all..

Wurz

Welcome to the USA, Cali, and FNN Wurz, nice to have you on board. You came to the right place to learn. Looking forward to your stories...

29 Palms, by chance you in the Corps.

Thanks for the welcome and no, not a Marine (ex Royal Navy, 19 years though) I work for Marine Corps Community Services (computer nerd kinda deal)

Welcome, glad to have you on board.

Welcome to the site. Plenty of knowledgable people here to help you out.

Welcome to US and to FNN! Lake Hemet is a great place to camp and fish. Beautiful place too! Lots of great places to fish in our great state of California!

Thanks for the welcome fella's El Jefe, I'll give you a heads up next time I'm down Hemet, just in case you fancy a days fishing with a complete novice lol.......

Welcome to the site!