Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 2 pound line for trout ?

thanks for that ! but they dont sell it at bass pro shops ): and i have a gift card for them, any good line that is on there website?

they do sale it at BPS. Thats where i purchased all of mine , just not on their website for some reason. Maybe if you call them and try a phone order

Is Seagar line any good or did I get sold by the salesman??? I thought it was some of the best?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    Is Seagar line any good or did I get sold by the salesman??? I thought it was some of the best?
    The thing about Seaguar in their lighter weights is when they say 2lb., they really mean 2lb. The flouro doesn't stretch like mono. It does stretch, but doesn't recoil, so changing line often is a must too. A lot of other monos (Ande, Izor, Maxima) will break at a higher weight than listed. The other factor is that flouro sinks faster than mono...something else to think about depending on your usage. The best thing about Seaguar Flouro is low visibility. It does get bit a little better, IMO, especially when the bite is touchy. Just remember to fish a very light drag. My 2¢

Hope it helps.
    Don

I prefer maxima 2 pound test I have not had any problems with it yet.

2# Sunline FC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12