Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: legal halibut on easter NPH on the ''flyyyy''

What an awesome catch on the fly...... Congrats.

One thing that really worries me though is the Simms waders you are wearing on the yak. If you roll those waders will fill in about three seconds and it will be almost impossible to get back on your yak. It doesn't even look like you are wearing a tight belt to slow down the fill up. You are much safer wearing a light wet suit or board shorts IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    What an awesome catch on the fly...... Congrats.

One thing that really worries me though is the Simms waders you are wearing on the yak. If you roll those waders will fill in about three seconds and it will be almost impossible to get back on your yak. It doesn't even look like you are wearing a tight belt to slow down the fill up. You are much safer wearing a light wet suit or board shorts IMHO.
    good point ....but if you roll on any bay you don't need to be in a kayak... now when i go to la jolla i think about it but after 7 years with kayaks is part of the adventure...lol

nice fish! i would love to hit NPH with my 6wt but never seem to get around to it. anyways, nice butt a little jealous, still looking for my first legal.

Good Hunting

Very cool. Used to fish the Huntington Harbor in a kayak. Also fly fished for Smallmouths with popper. You pretty much did what I 've always wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYFISHING MD View Post
    tnx. queen.. it is crazy they put a good fight.. i think sharing is good karma ..it's called yank's assassin and it's made by umpqua ''good luck '' this is how it looks
    Thanks a lot! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12