Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: AV Sunday 3-31

Default AV Sunday 3-31

Went out this morning and convinced my brother in law to come with me. First two spots we fished had no signs of life. I'm thinking to myself 'another typical AV skunk day'. Third spot i cast out and boom! hook up, but its a dink.... at least we got the skunk off our backs. I tell my brother in law cast out to the same spot...he does and boom! he has fish on another dink.... but oh well. Then... i see lots of action on top of the water about 100 feet away from the spot we were at. I'm thinking--- "oh sh*t a boil!!" I literally run over there and cast out and boom i hook up right away. Finally a decent sized one about 20 inches. We cast out several more times for nothing... the action on top of the water stopped... i guess it was just the one fish making all the commotion. Called it a day with the 3 we got.

I didn't bother taking a pic of the smaller ones. Here is a pic of the 20"

Spawning on top

Nice going Slacker. One of my buddys got his personal best duct striper on Sunday, 36 inch, 22 inch girth, which according to Fish Caculator = 22.8! The thing was a BEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Nice going Slacker. One of my buddys got his personal best duct striper on Sunday, 36 inch, 22 inch girth, which according to Fish Caculator = 22.8! The thing was a BEAST!
    woow..that is AV record.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Man! that is awesome. i hope i can slay one like that some day. i still have not caught a DD out of the duct, i hope i get one soon. congrats to your buddy... Thats an impressive catch

22.8 lbs! Damn thats a good one.