Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Lets go kill some rabbits

Glad you guys stopped arguing and made up

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    I was pointing that out trying to be funny...my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker Of Fish View Post
    I apologize if the comment was offensive to you. I do offer my sincerest apology once again as I can accept blame when I am wrong.

Sorry dude I do not start arguments .

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    Ya humans do make mistakes,
    Last edited by DockRat; 03-10-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Little boy the jpg is saved as "skyler and bowler" can't you see Y's ? Maybe you are smoking pot again and are so stoned eyed that you can't comprehend what you read .

Ha ha ha ha Grow up you little turd . Some one needs to spank you and give you some time out in the corner!!!
    I have a life I don't need to be on here everyday. By the way I never done pot in my life.

Looks like Bowler and Sargent Skyler are out patrolling for what ever pops up . Must be keeping them occupied.

This is kind of a warped spin of the phrase "drag net" .
    Is that a picture of you and your wife.

BOWLER, BOWLER, BOWLER
    C'mon buddy, You got it all wrong again !

First, There is NO tag system for Coyotes in 2013 and there is NOTHING even proposed by or to CFG/CFW
    in regards to tags for Coyote hunting.

Second, There is No ban or a Bill being considered to ban Bobcat hunting in California.
    However there is;

AB 1213 which was recently signed by our Governor to ban the Commercial trapping of Bobcats for fur/pelts and the sale and exportation of Bobcat fur/pelts. Which actually, had no limits?
    In 2012
    Commercial Trappers filled 1,500 tags
    Bobcat Hunters only filled 255 tags

Over 90% of the Bobcat fur was exported to China . I'm thinking if they are cold or need to make a fashion statement in China , they can wear Panda fur!

SB1221 became law on January 1st. It banned the use of dogs for Hunting of Bears and Bobcats for sporting
    purposes. Dogs can be still used for tracking problem/dangerous Bears or Bobcats only.

Your throwing gutter balls out here
    I got a phone call from a friend about the tags for coyotes. If is is true it will be kind do dumb. Coyote are everywhere. It was like the ban on mt loin now there are killing off all the deer and big horn sheep.

Where in Pam springs area can I Shoot me some jacks. I have seen some big ones here and there when I go shooting.
    Thanks for your help
    Dre

If you are seeing Jacks in legal shooting areas then you can hunt them there as long as it is not a formal range .
    DFG has maps that show legal hunting areas . Blm land is good so is State Forest land (my choice) . The rabbits
    have better forage in the forest as the desert has limited forage. The old adage you are what you eat applies
    and bunnies from the forest taste better . Try up Hwy. 74 (Palms to Pines Hwy.)get up out of the salt pan/sage brush scrub into pines and grass meadows Just a few minutes above palm Springs .
    Last edited by Stalker Of Fish; 03-11-2013 at 11:25 AM.

If you are seeing Jacks in legal shooting areas then you can hunt them there as long as it is not a formal range .
    DFG has maps that show legal hunting areas . Blm land is good so is State Forest land (my choice) . The rabbits
    have better forage in the forest as the desert has limited forage. The old adage you are what you eat applies
    and bunnies from the forest taste better . Try up Hwy. 74 (Palms to Pines Hwy.)get up out of the salt pan/sage brush scrub into pines and grass meadows Just a few minutes above palm Springs .
    As for the best tasting rabbit would be the ones you shot near an alfalfa field because you know they are eating it from the alfalfa fields.

BOWLER, BOWLER, BOWLER
    C'mon buddy, You got it all wrong again !

First, There is NO tag system for Coyotes in 2013 and there is NOTHING even proposed by or to CFG/CFW
    in regards to tags for Coyote hunting.

Second, There is No ban or a Bill being considered to ban Bobcat hunting in California.
    However there is;

AB 1213 which was recently signed by our Governor to ban the Commercial trapping of Bobcats for fur/pelts and the sale and exportation of Bobcat fur/pelts. Which actually, had no limits?
    In 2012
    Commercial Trappers filled 1,500 tags
    Bobcat Hunters only filled 255 tags

Over 90% of the Bobcat fur was exported to China . I'm thinking if they are cold or need to make a fashion statement in China , they can wear Panda fur!

SB1221 became law on January 1st. It banned the use of dogs for Hunting of Bears and Bobcats for sporting
    purposes. Dogs can be still used for tracking problem/dangerous Bears or Bobcats only.

Your throwing gutter balls out here
    Read this post from another forum. Look at the last post.
    http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/...on-Act-of-2013.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    As for the best tasting rabbit would be the ones you shot near an alfalfa field because you know they are eating it from the alfalfa fields.
    Yes that may be true as my family farms tomatoes,corn,sugar beets and alfalfa along the Sacramento river but you can not find Alfalfa year round and especial not on his side of the San Jaciento Mountains he is in the desert. Not to mention negotiating permission from the land owner is required to hunt an active farm crop.
    He wants to hunt now as I hunt the mountains between us I think my suggestion is his best bet. As far as taste is concerned Spring rabbits in green grass meadows is easily comparable to alfalfa fed rabbits .
    You have to remember the rabbits are lucky to have alfalfa 1/3 of the year the rest of the year it's some other forage . Mountain rabbits
    generally have more fat on them because of better overall forage and the colder climate . Extra fat makes the meat better as rabbits are very lean . So lean in fact if you tried to exist only on rabbit you would get sick and die as you need more than just protein to stay healthy.

Wikipedia;
    "Rabbit starvation, also referred to as protein poisoning or mal de caribou, is a form of acute malnutrition caused by excess consumption of any lean meat (e.g., rabbit) coupled with a lack of other sources of nutrients usually in combination with other stressors, such as severe cold or dry environment. Symptoms include diarrhea, headache, fatigue, low blood pressure and heart rate, and a vague discomfort and hunger that can only be satisfied by consumption of fat or carbohydrates."
    Last edited by Stalker Of Fish; 03-11-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Yes that may be true as my family farms tomatoes,corn,sugar beets and alfalfa along the Sacramento river but you can not find Alfalfa year round and especial not on his side of the San Jaciento Mountains he is in the desert. Not to mention negotiating permission from the land owner is required to hunt an active farm crop.
    He wants to hunt now as I hunt the mountains between us I think my suggestion is his best bet. Spring rabbits in green grass meadows is easily comparable
    to alfalfa fed rabbits . You have to remember the rabbits are lucky to have alfalfa 1/3 of the year the rest of the year it's some other forage . Mountain rabbits
    generally have more fat on them because of the colder climate which makes the meat better.
    There is a lot of field I hunt for pheasant and most of them are alfalfa fields. You can hunt the fields down by him as long as it is not posted.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast