Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Slow day at Corona

Default Slow day at Corona

Went to Corona today and managed, wait for it...a skunk Slow all over the lake. Took my little pontoon type boat and it was cold all day. Tried the dough bait, the scents (garlic), and even drop-shotting a power worm. I could blame it on impatience because it was so darn cold, so cold that I partially lost function of my hands and could barely tie a good knot. Needless to say, I'm a wuss.. My buddy managed to catch a kittycatfish on neon pink dough bait tainted with Anise oil. Later we were trolling and he managed to snag somebody's broken, balled-up fishing line with a live Rainbow still attached to it! What are the odds of that happening?
    Saw float-tubers catching one here and one there but small ones. Saw a few catching on the shore as well and maybe one or two on other boats. Not the normal cries of excitement that you would normally hear on a decent day. I didn't even see any top-water action in the early morning. Just some bait fish surfacing. Murphy's law, I saw the bite begin to pick up when I was leaving at 1:00pm.
    I thank the shore-fisher people for lighting those campfires because I love the smell. It creates nostalgia of good times. But damn you at the same time! How I envied that you were all so close to warmth while I was freezing in the middle of the lake. Good luck fellow fisher people. Catch a lunker!

way to stick it out!!! fella!!

Has anyone hit corona lately? How'z the fishin?