Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL sun 1/20 float tube short report

Default SARL sun 1/20 float tube short report

On the water: 7:30am
    Off the water: 3:00pm
    Water temp: 52
    Water visibility: clear

The bite at SARL is red hot! I decided to go fishing on sunday to avoid saturday's tournament crowd. There were still a ton of fish in the lake! I caught most of my fish on the dropshot (2 foot leader and #5 split shot). I was using trout king worms in white and pink. The trout in SARL sure do fight hard! Even the little 1-pounders will peel a lot of drag if you're using 2 pound test. I had to switch to my other rod with 4-pound test because every time I caught a fish on the rod with the 2-pound test my line would be all twisted from the drag peeling

Biggest trout I caught was about a 3 pounder. The wind got a little annoying at times but not too bad. There were plenty of float tubers there. Overall a very light crowd though for a sunday. If you're bait fishing use a long leader because the water's very clear. Go get em!

Thanks for the report! I was thinking of fishing Sunday or today, but alas, life gets in the way.

I think I saw you on Sunday were you anchored on your float tube in front of the pump? If that was you, you were doing pretty good

Sounds great! Thanks for the report! I had dreams and aspirations to get out and fish one of these 3 days this weekend, but only got to drive by Lincoln Park Lake and hit it for 1 hour. Of all the fisherman, only the damn hawk caught one in the middle of the lake!

Quote Originally Posted by pepesca master View Post
    I think I saw you on Sunday were you anchored on your float tube in front of the pump? If that was you, you were doing pretty good
    That was probably somebody else. I was in a grey ODC420 wearing light brown waders and a white t-shirt