Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SWAT Last Session of 2012. Lieutenant Bones Fishing Mojo Vampire Slayer. Sunday 12/30

I caught my first surf Halibut following Arthur, I caught my first legal Halibut following Arthur, I caught my biggest Halibut following Arthur. I think you might have something there Mike.
    Art, it was really great hanging out with you and Lynn on New Year's day. Hoping that you have another blessed year in and out of the surf bro and thanks for everything.

Lead, follow, it doesn't matter, I get skunked either way.
    Great way to close out the year with a nice Halibut. Just took a look at the final leader board updates, congrats on taking 1st in a few categories Mike.
    Looks like you had a fun New Year's day celebration Art, sorry I couldn't make it.
    My apologies again for backing out on our Redskins-Cowboys trip, I totally forgot we had relatives coming for the New Years and Lauren reminded me at the last minute.
    You got it bro, if the Redskins make it to the Super Bowl, we're definitely going and it will be on my tab.
    Happy New Year everybody and especially to all my SWAT brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    My daughter is expecting her baby at any moment.... YEAH THAT'S RIGHT....... I will officially be a grandfather in what I've been told could be a few hours to a few days so grab onto your seats folks......GRANDPA BONES is going to ROCK 2013 and it's going to be even better than last year.
    Not sure if the baby has come yet, but congratulations Mike! I hope that you have a happy, healthy grandchild!!! Congrats on all the 1st place finishes in the SWAT catagories too...it was quite a year for you. I'm kinda hoping someone swipes the crown away in my catagory for 2013, but that's actually a pretty cold wish to make on any friends. I'm sure Poseidon will probably bestow that dunce cap right back on my head.

Might be a little tougher for me to win this year though. My wife and I will be expecting another child in July. So I have till then to fish my brains out, cuz after that, I think I'm grounded! We just found out yesterday that it's going to be a girl, so I'll have one of each. Gonna be a big year. Hope it treats everyone well!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
    Don

Another awesome session down in the books.
    I've also considered whether or not being in front or behind a fellow member makes a difference or not.
    Does the lead person "bring the fish in"? or does it not matter?
    Well, to bring Mike's theory into action I began to remember memorable fish caught behind another angler during some of our sessions together.
    I happen to remember our big gathering in LBC, where 10+ S.W.A.T members were in the surf at the same time. We were all working North and I believe I was the 3rd to the last person heading in that direction. That means 7 other people were ahead of me, which also means a whole lot of LC's & Crocs were being "presented" to our little friends in the water. I ended up catching the only fish of the day, by luck I suppose, a short 10-15" hali. I think Arthur might have a legit point when he says that if you are meant to have a good day, you will. Or if the skunk is in the cards, you'll get the skunk. Interesting stuff.

So next time I head out with the guys, I'm going to stand behind Arthur and in front of Mike, this way I get the best of both worlds.

What happened to your Redskins Arthur?

Smile Wingnut's Response...

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    So there she goes..... 2012 down in the books and what a season it was for me. Even though the fishing wasn't consistant throughout the year ...... I seemed to be at the right place at the right time more often than not this year.I was able to drag enough legal flatties up on the sand to hold the lead on the SWAT leaderboard and I was able to stick my PB flattie as a bonus. The WSB bite I was fortunate enough to stumble upon also netted me a personal best count on legals along with my biggest to date. Last but not least I also caught my PB 16" barred surf perch.
    The cherry on top so to speak of course was the "Hunting Giants IV" event. The way my team came together was AWESOME and exceeded my expectations in every way. You guys and gals were and ARE the best!

2012 is gone forever but the memories will last me a lifetime. Even though I always say that fishing is A LOT of luck I also have to say that if Arthur had not set up a little friendly competition between the SWAT team members I probably would have not been so motivated to push myself to the limits in order to find certain AO's that held fish that were willing to go through a complementary lip piercing and a quick photo session.

I can only hope that 2013 holds just as many adventures for the members of the FNN and my SWAT brotherhood. A special thanks to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday and of course to Arthur.
    Arthur my friend....... I am blessed with your friendship. Your enthusiasim both on the sand and in your personel life is always inspiring.

I could go on forever but as I write this I'm a little on edge..... My daughter is expecting her baby at any moment.... YEAH THAT'S RIGHT....... I will officially be a grandfather in what I've been told could be a few hours to a few days so grab onto your seats folks......GRANDPA BONES is going to ROCK 2013 and it's going to be even better than last year.
    Like I always tell my kids.....
    Dream BIG and maybe BIG things will happen. Dream small and the odds are.....Only small things will happen.

May everyones BIG DREAMS come true in the NEW YEAR!

2012 debriefing complete......Lt. Bones.....OUT

------------<><

You had quite a year in 2012 Mike... that big 41" Halibut from the surf will be the one we'll be chasing for a long time.
    You dominated the S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board this year, but that's only because you fish 10 times more than everyone else.
    I'm sure 2013 will be a great year, especially now that you discovered my Fishing Mojo Sucking Vampire secrets.
    Thanks for having my six all year and looking forward to our future adventures in the surf Lieutenant.

Quote Originally Posted by frankjz View Post
    Great report as always. Thanks for a wonderful year of fishing advice, counsel, and fishing tales! Best of luck to you and Bones in the year ahead.

fz
    Thanks Frank for your contribution to the board and support all year long. Wishing you a successful year filled with Personal Bests and spectacular catches.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hello Sir Wingnut.....

Ha ha ha! ...You guys and your............................"Mojo"..."Smojo".. ........................call it what you will!
    You (2) two are definitely a part of an elite group within our SWAT Brotherhood ranks! "SUPER STARS"!

I happen to know by first hand experience....that when the two of you "SOLDIERS" get together on a beach......some serious fishing competition between the famous SWAT Brotha's is about to be unleashed on the unsuspecting enemy!
    I've had the pleasure to fish with both of these fine men, and to watch them dissect an entire beach from end to end is truly something to observe!
    Of course.....fishing with you guys also allows me to take my fishing skills to the next higher level.......I thank you for that!

I want to thank both of you for your on-going friendship and support through out this past year......and of course for all of the blessed memories that we all shared this past 2012 season! I had a blast......thank you!

"Happy New Year"! and a plentiful "2013 Fishing Season" to all!

PS.......Luved the added family "New Year" get together photos!
    PSS.....Thank you for the Birthday cheer!

Your Friend and SWAT Brotha,

SP Dan <"))><
    Mike and I are very competitive in the surf. The friendly competition really drives us to fish harder and smarter.
    Thank you for your friendship and support Dan. It's been a pleasure having you a part of the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood.
    Congrats on the Striper "Exotic" catch of the year award on the S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun defending that trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    Wow congrats grandpa Mike! I am very happy for you and I wish you and your daughter all the best.

Mike, you had an awesome year in 2012. I remember my jaw dropping when I got the text from Arthur about your +40" from the surf I couldn't believe it. That moment truly inspired me to get out there and give it my best in hopes of getting a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for all the reports and I hope you accomplish bigger dreams this year.

Thien
    Thien, you've come a long way since picking up the addiction. Never lose that passion for the sport and good luck to you in the New Year.
    Thank you for your support and friendship, I appreciate it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    I caught my first surf Halibut following Arthur, I caught my first legal Halibut following Arthur, I caught my biggest Halibut following Arthur. I think you might have something there Mike.
    Art, it was really great hanging out with you and Lynn on New Year's day. Hoping that you have another blessed year in and out of the surf bro and thanks for everything.
    Binh, you did very well in your first full season in the surf bro. Multiple legal Halibut is no easy task. You listened, watch and most important of all, you went out there and spent time in the water. Keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure you will continue to find success in 2013.
    I'll see you Saturday night at the poker party!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Lead, follow, it doesn't matter, I get skunked either way.
    Great way to close out the year with a nice Halibut. Just took a look at the final leader board updates, congrats on taking 1st in a few categories Mike.
    Looks like you had a fun New Year's day celebration Art, sorry I couldn't make it.
    My apologies again for backing out on our Redskins-Cowboys trip, I totally forgot we had relatives coming for the New Years and Lauren reminded me at the last minute.
    You got it bro, if the Redskins make it to the Super Bowl, we're definitely going and it will be on my tab.
    Happy New Year everybody and especially to all my SWAT brothers.
    It's easy to get Skunked when you don't fish Phuong. You didn't even make it out to the surf with me at all in 2012.
    No worries about the game bro... hopefully, we can make a couple of them next season.
    Happy New Year my friend and I'll see you Saturday night. Let's show the youngsters how to play poker!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Not sure if the baby has come yet, but congratulations Mike! I hope that you have a happy, healthy grandchild!!! Congrats on all the 1st place finishes in the SWAT catagories too...it was quite a year for you. I'm kinda hoping someone swipes the crown away in my catagory for 2013, but that's actually a pretty cold wish to make on any friends. I'm sure Poseidon will probably bestow that dunce cap right back on my head.

Might be a little tougher for me to win this year though. My wife and I will be expecting another child in July. So I have till then to fish my brains out, cuz after that, I think I'm grounded! We just found out yesterday that it's going to be a girl, so I'll have one of each. Gonna be a big year. Hope it treats everyone well!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
    Don
    Be proud of that award Don, you deserved it seeing how hard you worked to wrestle that trophy away from Robert.
    Congratulations on the new baby on the way for 2013.
    Thank you for all you help & support and best wishes in the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Another awesome session down in the books.
    I've also considered whether or not being in front or behind a fellow member makes a difference or not.
    Does the lead person "bring the fish in"? or does it not matter?
    Well, to bring Mike's theory into action I began to remember memorable fish caught behind another angler during some of our sessions together.
    I happen to remember our big gathering in LBC, where 10+ S.W.A.T members were in the surf at the same time. We were all working North and I believe I was the 3rd to the last person heading in that direction. That means 7 other people were ahead of me, which also means a whole lot of LC's & Crocs were being "presented" to our little friends in the water. I ended up catching the only fish of the day, by luck I suppose, a short 10-15" hali. I think Arthur might have a legit point when he says that if you are meant to have a good day, you will. Or if the skunk is in the cards, you'll get the skunk. Interesting stuff.

So next time I head out with the guys, I'm going to stand behind Arthur and in front of Mike, this way I get the best of both worlds.

What happened to your Redskins Arthur?
    I remember that day well Frank... lots of sticks in the surf, not enough fish.
    Nice job pulling the Rabbit out of the hat.
    The highlight of my day was watching Roberto go ballistic over the phone with AAA.
    Hope you had a nice New Year my friend and looking forward to hitting the surf with you again sometime soon... If not, at the S.W.A.T. gathering next month.
    And about the Redskins... Shanahan should have put in the back-up QB earlier... Oh well, we had a good run... and at least we beat the Cowgirls, lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234