Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL report monday Dec 17

Default SARL report monday Dec 17

I float tubed SARL on monday. Got there around 7:00am and there was no line at all to get in. After I paid my fees and parked near the bubble hole I took a look around the lake to see how many people there were. There weren't more than 15 - 20 cars around the entire lake.

I got my float tube ready and was on the water at 7:30. The water clarity is still good despite the rain over the weekend. Water clarity is about 5 feet. I started off dropshotting at the bubble hole for the first half hour with no success. While I was there I noticed it was wide open for one group of fisherman on the sandy beach. The fish must have been schooled there because the other guys on the east shore weren't doing as well. I kicked down to levitz corner and didn't get any bites so I went back to the sandy beach in the afternoon. The bite for the shore fisherman had slowed down as I only saw a couple of fish caught in the afternoon. I rigged up some powerbait on one of my other poles and let it soak while I fished a mini jig. Not long afterwards the drag starts screaming on the powerbait rod! Then another! Around 2:30pm I caught my 3rd fish on a dropshot and then called it a day

Good day out there. How big were the fish?

My 3 were all average size trout. The last one fought like hell though for his size. Also forgot to mention that I lost a couple dropshot and mini-jig fish. And I wouldn't consider myself a good trout fisherman ha. From what I heard the shore guys got a 4 pounder.

Thanks for the report.