Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

So, how will the new Dodger Ramirez work out???

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Let's just say "so far so good" ?

WAY TO SWEEP THE HATED ONES!!!!!

TD

.....this flyin Hawaiian character might just be a good fit too

So Melky goes Balco in the bay and the Dodgers take over 1st place.....

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 08-16-2012 at 12:07 AM.

City Girl got a ball at batting practice vs Arizona.

Her sister is gonna try for one on Sat. We'll see...
    Last edited by City Dad; 09-11-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    OK just saw the Nationals pick to take the East, obviously this is all a joke....WHEW! ( I hope)

TD
    For the non-casual baseball fan, that was the easiest one of all to call, actually. Hope you don't fish like you analyze baseball, TD, your stringer would look like this at the end of every outing!:

One week to go, until the season ends.... Dodger fans can officially get rid of their paper grocery bags with the eye and mouth holes cut off.

And of course, the thread wrap up, which should prove to be entertaining after looking back at some of the predictions on it.

Stay tuned.....

Another year of Dodger baseball, come and gone.

We had a lot of positives this year, and although we came up a bit short, I like the direction the team is headed, which is a complete change to my sentiments for the past decade. We have the potential to score some runs, and if Magic and Co™ can get a few decent arms to fill our rotation, we will be a forced to be reckoned with next year. And I'm not even being facetious.

This winter I'll spend chasing trout on the fly in the Eastern Sierras asking myself, "What if...."

What if Kemp had remained healthy through out the year?

What if Billinsgley didn't get hurt?

What if Kemp actually rested his injury instead of trying to come back too early?

What if Uribe goes on a diet and proceeds to eat Dee Gordon in the dugout when he relapses?

What if Ellis actually stopped at second?

I guess we can now spend October hoping the Giants get swept. World Series predictions anyone?

Reds v A's

A's win in 7, Brad Pitt finally gets his ring.

And on a side note, a Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera for winning the Triple Crown. That guy is a beast.

Now the fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Let's start with prognostications, shall we?

The Dodgers will go 84-78
    Los Angeles (86-76)

Darn, missed it by 2 games.

OK just saw the Nationals pick to take the East, obviously this is all a joke....WHEW! ( I hope)

TD
    LOL.

In any case, I think the Giants will take the West this year, simply because they have a deep pitching staff. Pitching wins you ball games, quite simple. When Ted Lilly is your 3rd starter, you've got problems.

If [Gordon] can get on, we may be able to play small ball and squeek runs past. But, if his OBP mirrors his batting average (which I hope is higher than his weight), I don't think we'll be producing many runs.

Plus, his dislocated pinkie was a blessing in disguise, as we would have never seen what Luis Cruz was capable of. Personally, Gordon needs to go. Hopefully some team needs a weak hitting short stop who's fast, but never gets on.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan951 View Post
    Worst mistake magic did in buying the doyersss.. 2 Billion for a team that was worth no more then 500 mil. haha what a joke. His *** will be bankrupt soon as the number of fans has decreased and who the hell wants to see them play anyways.
    Worth $500 million? I'll wait for the cable deal, and I'll revisit your post. These aren't the Angels that we're talking about, which had to basterdize their name in order to make a few dollars in marketing. For someone hating on "LA" so much, it must feel real good being called the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    81-81

But DS will probably be right as usual

"Almost" right, Cangler, almost.

Oh, and when will Loney get his first hit? Hopefully it happens this month.

Talk about a black hole in the line up.

Thanks for agreeing, Magic & Co. Have fun in Boston, James.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    Even tho the Pirates have some talent, they and the Padres are probably in the bottom 5 of the league. But according to most the Dodgers are not that much above them.
    The Pirates did make a decent showing, although falling flat at the end. The perhaps forgot that it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. I look for them to be very competitive in the upcoming years and I'm glad that their fan base finally has something to root about since the days of Bonds having a human sized head.

Take it all in stride, DS is the Archie Bunker of FNN when it come to the Dodgers....you would think he wasn't even a fan at times (consider who he has taking the division this year).
    Cmon TD, you should know me by now. I try not to analyze MLB based on rivalries or "Giants Suck" colored glasses. I'm not the 'fan' at the stadium that gets excited for every fly ball the Dodgers hit, thinking it's going out of the stadium, or asks how many 'points' the Dodgers are winning by. I just call it how I see it, and much like the Nationals taking the East, the Giants taking the West was a fairly easy assessment to make.

And Speaking of the Nationals...

I'm holding THAT betting slip securely behind a magnet on the fridge, along with the Dodgers-To-Win-It-All slip that i get every year.
    1 out of 2 ain't bad! Just sent my betting slip to the MGM Sports Book. I see a new 4 weight in my future!

Maybe Matt Kemp can pinch hit for us in Game 1 of the World Series after suffering from 2 hamstring injuries, and take one over the right field wall.
    LOL.

At least I predicted the hamstring injury!

Oh, what about Hanley Ramirez?

Let's just say "so far so good" ?
    Until he started striking out 3 times a game. Guy's got a lot of raw talent. Hopefully the staff can extract it out of him.

And Shanewick Victorino?

.....this flyin Hawaiian character might just be a good fit too
    He did get hot at the end of the year, but clearly was not the same Victorino that used to be a pain in the Dodger's åss everytime we played the Phillies.

With The Cuban in the minors ready to come up, I think Victorino was just a rental. He'll go back to the Phillies, and continue hitting .482 whenever he faces the Dodgers.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, wraps up your Dodger season. Please proceed to the EXITS at the far side of the building, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We'll do this thing again next year.

Stay healthy Vin. We'll need you.

Another year of Dodger baseball, come and gone.

We had a lot of positives this year, and although we came up a bit short, I like the direction the team is headed, which is a complete change to my sentiments for the past decade. We have the potential to score some runs, and if Magic and Co™ can get a few decent arms to fill our rotation, we will be a forced to be reckoned with next year. And I'm not even being facetious.

This winter I'll spend chasing trout on the fly in the Eastern Sierras asking myself, "What if...."
    What if Kemp had remained healthy through out the year?

What if Billinsgley didn't get hurt?

What if Kemp actually rested his injury instead of trying to come back too early?

What if Uribe goes on a diet and proceeds to eat Dee Gordon in the dugout when he relapses?

What if Ellis actually stopped at second?

I guess we can now spend October hoping the Giants get swept. World Series predictions anyone?

Reds v A's

A's win in 7, Brad Pitt finally gets his ring.

And on a side note, a Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera for winning the Triple Crown. That guy is a beast.

Now the fun stuff.

Los Angeles (86-76)

Darn, missed it by 2 games.

LOL.

Plus, his dislocated pinkie was a blessing in disguise, as we would have never seen what Luis Cruz was capable of. Personally, Gordon needs to go. Hopefully some team needs a weak hitting short stop who's fast, but never gets on.

Worth $500 million? I'll wait for the cable deal, and I'll revisit your post. These aren't the Angels that we're talking about, which had to basterdize their name in order to make a few dollars in marketing. For someone hating on "LA" so much, it must feel real good being called the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, eh?

"Almost" right, Cangler, almost.

Thanks for agreeing, Magic & Co. Have fun in Boston, James.

The Pirates did make a decent showing, although falling flat at the end. The perhaps forgot that it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. I look for them to be very competitive in the upcoming years and I'm glad that their fan base finally has something to root about since the days of Bonds having a human sized head.

Cmon TD, you should know me by now. I try not to analyze MLB based on rivalries or "Giants Suck" colored glasses. I'm not the 'fan' at the stadium that gets excited for every fly ball the Dodgers hit, thinking it's going out of the stadium, or asks how many 'points' the Dodgers are winning by. I just call it how I see it, and much like the Nationals taking the East, the Giants taking the West was a fairly easy assessment to make.

1 out of 2 ain't bad! Just sent my betting slip to the MGM Sports Book. I see a new 4 weight in my future!

LOL.

At least I predicted the hamstring injury!

Oh, what about Hanley Ramirez?

Until he started striking out 3 times a game. Guy's got a lot of raw talent. Hopefully the staff can extract it out of him.

And Shanewick Victorino?

He did get hot at the end of the year, but clearly was not the same Victorino that used to be a pain in the Dodger's åss everytime we played the Phillies.

With The Cuban in the minors ready to come up, I think Victorino was just a rental. He'll go back to the Phillies, and continue hitting .482 whenever he faces the Dodgers.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, wraps up your Dodger season. Please proceed to the EXITS at the far side of the building, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We'll do this thing again next year.

Stay healthy Vin. We'll need you.

Only 105 days until pitchers and catchers check-in. May the Dodger checkbook swing wide!!!

Personally, I'd like to see Greinke move outta the sticks and into the Ravine... but the pessimist in me sees Dodger Jake Peavy going 7 - 10 in the number four spot. Why can't I ever see the sunshine???

And oh, yeah, our final total for the season: Two foul balls complete with "50th Anniversary" logo (batting practice), four Krik Gibson bobble heads, one Juan Rivera signed ball inadvertently won in silent auction and... wait for it.... wait for it... one Tom Lasorda signature BOOJAH!
    Last edited by City Dad; 10-18-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: braggin

Only 105 days until pitchers and catchers check-in. May the Dodger checkbook swing wide!!!

Personally, I'd like to see Greinke move outta the sticks and into the Ravine... but the pessimist in me sees Dodger Jake Peavy going 7 - 10 in the number four spot. Why can't I ever see the sunshine???

And oh, yeah, our final total for the season: Two foul balls complete with "50th Anniversary" logo (batting practice), four Krik Gibson bobble heads, one Juan Rivera signed ball inadvertently won in silent auction and... wait for it.... wait for it... one Tom Lasorda signature BOOJAH!
    Greinke's a head case. Let the Angels deal with him.

I like Anibal Sanchez.

Kyle Lohse would be worth a look or two.

I hope we sign Brandon "California Penal" League. He shut people down as a closer.

I added to my bobblehead collection as well.

Vin Scully....Fernando Valenzuela...."The Infield"....and.....wait for it....

HELLO KITTY!

A Juan Rivera ball, eh? Has your dog chewed that ball up yet? Cuz mine would've.

A giants to the world series prediction on a DODGER thread? MODERATORS DELETE THIS IDIOT'S BANTER
    "" indeed.

Your team doesn't fare too well in Fantasy Baseball, does it TD?

Mark McGwire as our hitting coach?

Really?!

Hopefully he brings his uh, brand of hitting, to our team.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast