Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass in Western Outdoor News, taken home and eaten

Default your guys are Nuts

Catch and release is a geat thing no Doubt about it, but this guy has done nothing wrong...Nothing Illegal and nothing unethical.
    Your all guilty of something be the way you drive or even cheat fishing or Snagging Shad when no one is looking.
    Your just pissed off he caught the fish of a life time and you may Never get one that big.
    I hope it tasted good and his whole family enjoyed it
    Now you guys are playing GOD
    Turn in your rods and start bothering the Golf Pros

I hope your Slip on your Filthy soap Box
    You Sir have a Total Lack of respect for Ethics Moral values and the Law. The man has done nothing Wrong

Tom
    Catch and Fillet Bass Masters Crew Chief
    New Catch and Cook Club inspiring new members.....legally catching and cooking Largemouth Streamside
    May your Boat Spring a leak

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    If you have read the latest WON paper then you would have seen a guy with a nice 14-16 lb bass at Lake Perris. Well just to let you guys know this bass was not released back into the lake. An informant of mine made me aware and sent me the pictures to prove it. I a truly upset with Ron. Especially with him working at Bass Pro. Ron if you read this, you should have released this fish

The report

http://wonews.com/t-SouthernCAFreshw...is_081512.aspx

Bass showing all around Lake Perris

PERRIS LAKE — Bluegill were hitting crickets and mealworms off the marina docks this past week, and bass are showing all around the lake on plastic worms and nightcrawlers.

Greens and purples have been good hues when wacky-rigged or drop-shotted. Redear are being caught in 18 to 24 feet of water around the island on redworms.

DAM BASS — Ron Arellano of Moreno Valley landed this monster largemouth (estimated at 13 to 15 pounds) while fishing a drop-shot Power Worm on 8-pound test from the dam at Lake Perris. The fish was 28 inches long.

The after math

Attachment 36840Attachment 36841Attachment 36842

no respect at all
    Last edited by Tom; 08-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgStalker View Post
    It gets this kind of reaction because most of the biggest LMB caught in this country have come from California and a lot of guys want a shot at it!(world record) I dont think the guy needs to be fired by any means but thats just me.... Nor will he be for obvious reasons! But I think most LMB anglers just want to see that fish released so it can get bigger for that exact reason, to get their shot at a world record!
    I only disagree with one thing, California is not different because of the potential for a world record. There is something going on here that I just can't understand, there are guys like you that are serious LMB fisherman that have an opinion and make solid points about C&R and have the experience to back those points up. There are others that have become very confrontational to the point of at least talking about doing illegal acts to fisherman no matter what the size or legal status of a catch is (kicking buckets of fish in the water, talk of physical confrontations, harrassing legal fisherman etc..). You can have a difference of opinion and a strong difference of opinion about keeping LMB's and I would agree with you most likely but going vigilante like has been discussed on this board numerous times by quite a few is wrong in so many ways I can't believe they haven't been called out more than they have.

They make you and all other serious and experienced LMB fisherman look bad taking a good message and screwing it up! The more extreme the posts the more it waters down your message, that's just not the way to get the message out in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Catch and release is a geat thing no Doubt about it, but this guy has done nothing wrong...Nothing Illegal and nothing unethical.
    Your all guilty of something be the way you drive or even cheat fishing or Snagging Shad when no one is looking.
    Your just pissed off he caught the fish of a life time and you may Never get one that big.
    I hope it tasted good and his whole family enjoyed it
    Now you guys are playing GOD
    Turn in your rods and start bothering the Golf Pros

I hope your Slip on your Filthy soap Box
    You Sir have a Total Lack of respect for Ethics Moral and the Law

Tom
    Catch and Fillet Bass Masters Crew Chief
    New Catch and Cook Club inspiring new members.....legally catching and cooking Largemouth Streamside
    Mama always said.... Stupid is as stupid does

One other thing that was brought up on another website that this post was on.

How does anybody know if this fish was not in good condition after being caught and therefore could not be revived? I have no idea if this plays into the equation or not and neither does anybody else that has read this thread, there is an assumption that the fisherman just took a healthy bigass bass but how does anybody know that?

technician

You bring such life to that saying....

Tom
    Catch and Fillet Club
    Last edited by Tom; 08-16-2012 at 03:17 PM.

If no one says otherwise then we only have what we have to go off of...

and that is he took the bass ... Which is unethical... to a lot of people..

Comes down to the RE RE fish and game , they need to change some regulations.. They jump to the aid of Salty Bass but not freshwater...

I hope your Slip on your Filthy soap Box = lol wow nice one TOMMY!

Funny how people think we have never caught fish like this... I catch fish like that in city park lakes and ponds... How you like them apples..? Ohh and i release them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    technician

You bring such life to that saying....

Tom
    Catch and Fillet Club
    You bring tons of life to the uneducated fishermans coalition... Your the president right?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBassER55 View Post
    If no one says otherwise then we only have what we have to go off of...

and that is he took the bass ... Which is unethical... to a lot of people..

Comes down to the RE RE fish and game , they need to change some regulations.. They jump to the aid of Salty Bass but not freshwater...

I hope your Slip on your Filthy soap Box = lol wow nice one TOMMY!

Funny how people think we have never caught fish like this... I catch fish like that in city park lakes and ponds... How you like them apples..? Ohh and i release them too.
    Really? This thread was not started by the fisherman that took home the fish which in my mind makes the thread wrong to begin with. There is no way for us to know since the fisherman has nothing to do with this thread.

Jump off the cliff go ahead and where does it say anything on this thread about who catches big fish and who doesn't? Because someone has caught a big fish does not give them some kind of instant knowledge, cred or experience and does not mean they are ethically well taught sportsman, at the same time someone that is not as experienced can still have the ethics to see what is wrong with taking a situation into your own hands and messing with legal fisherman!

Guy is eating his catch,,,,,,,,,,,,SO WHAT!,,,

legal=yes

hurting the fishery,,,,,,,,,doubt it.

The public has been so brainwashed into thinking that if you keep 1 the fishery is over,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

SUCKERS,,,tast bad Not LMB.

Maby he was just giving his bass a drink before releasing it,,,,,,,,OUT OF RESPECT,

T/B
    Last edited by trail blazer; 08-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Really? This thread was not started by the fisherman that took home the fish which in my mind makes the thread wrong to begin with. There is no way for us to know since the fisherman has nothing to do with this thread.

Jump off the cliff go ahead and where does it say anything on this thread about who catches big fish and who doesn't? Because someone has caught a big fish does not give them some kind of instant knowledge, cred or experience and does not mean they are ethically well taught sportsman, at the same time someone that is not as experienced can still have the ethics to see what is wrong with taking a situation into your own hands and messing with legal fisherman!
    Oddly enough that makes sense, but honestly this is the Internet and of course people are going to have differentiating opinions. And that's why threads get closed lol. I say he should have let that bass go and I have a feeling most feel the same way. Yes they have the right to keep that bass ( if it's legal) but 80 percent of these people on here caught a bass like that it would have most likely been released. Just as people are entitled to keep there bass they are Aldo entitled to there opinion. And to the comment on people being vigilantes, most of them would do nothing in real life.... They will just get on here and cry about it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast