Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salton sea area

Yea my granfather told me about the good ol days of the sea. He said we would go up there one time but still have yet to do so. Maybe well trek up there later. But i still dont trust that water, any gear that so much as touches that water gets left behind. Funny im still expecting fysher to chime in cuz i enjoy his posts so much. I still read the things that happen on this part of the forum, i just restrained myself from posting till now.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Your not kidding DR. The water is a mess.
    I lived out that way for 25+ years and fished the Sea many times. Over time it only got worse. Water should not have the same color as Root Beer and the smell of a dead horse.

But I have to say the view is nice early in the morning when Jeeping High on the hills to the East of it.
    Just a shame. I would bet with all the money spent on studying it over the years could of done some good to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    But I have to say the view is nice early in the morning when Jeeping High on the hills to the East of it.
    Those Chocolate Mountains have some huge Mule Deer, a friend of mine is a Rock Hound he goes down there
    after a good rain and collects the beautiful about 4" to 6" Bright Blue rocks. Hard to find normally (all picked up) but after a good rain they can be easily found (seen).

Many times it will be pouring in SD or Palm Springs, Yuma but for some reason (pressure?) the storms go around IV. If a big storm comes in the IID Imperial Irrigation District dump the canals and lower the All American big canal. I heard they have had the canals breach before in the past and had Millions $$$ in crop damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I would bet with all the money spent on studying it over the years could of done some good to clean it up.
    INSTEAD OF A BORDER FENCE HOW ABOUT A 20' 'GREAT WALL OF USA'
    TO STOP THE FENCE HOPPERS AND CREATE A DAM TO STOP THE RIVERS.
    That would be cool.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Those Chocolate Mountains have some huge Mule Deer, a friend of mine is a Rock Hound he goes down there
    after a good rain and collects the beautiful about 4" to 6" Bright Blue rocks. Hard to find normally (all picked up) but after a good rain they can be easily found (seen).

Many times it will be pouring in SD or Palm Springs, Yuma but for some reason (pressure?) the storms go around IV. If a big storm comes in the IID Imperial Irrigation District dump the canals and lower the All American big canal. I heard they have had the canals breach before in the past and had Millions $$$ in crop damage.

INSTEAD OF A BORDER FENCE HOW ABOUT A 20' 'GREAT WALL OF USA'
    TO STOP THE FENCE HOPPERS AND CREATE A DAM TO STOP THE RIVERS.
    That would be cool.
    DR
    DR if I remember right the States largest Mulie came from the Corn Springs area south of the I-10 and east of the bombing range. We were Jeeping out there one day and I saw one that was huge.
    The water goes down from the C-river clean and comes back dirty. And the government lets it happen. We need more government, Huh?

NOT!!!

The Mexicons F**k everything up !
    No, I mean Cholos

If any of that stuff in the msnbc news report dr post is true the scariest thing
    to ME is that place dryin up and all those contaminents bein exposed to the air!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12