Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 11/1/11 skinner

Default 11/1/11 skinner

wish i could tell you guys that it was balls to walls wide open fishing with some rediculous weight limit but i cant.

water cleared up drastically from my last trip and the areas id been fishing are gin clear. needless to say the baits i was throwing, the spot on spot structure and the angles of retrieves id been fishing were totally wrong for the water clarity.

after scrapping my game plan i had to go back to square 1. analyze what i had to deal with, find the forage, find the fish then get them to bite. cut the key baits off and put new ones on and off i went. was a little bit of a grind to find the larger fish in the newly clear water, but they were there to be caught. fish buried themselves into the tules and there was a flip bite, the wolf packs pushed out and i found a lot of suspended fish.got the larger fish fishing doing that. had a lot of good followers and one blowup on the swimbait.

jerkbaits : Lucky Craft Pointer 78DD
    swimbaits: Custom Hardbait 8" / 10"
    flipping: Baby Brush Hogs (would not bite for me if the weight was over 1/4oz/ had to be pegged)

i wish the water would dirty back up!!!!!

ended up with around 15-20 fish. lots of 15" fish today. biggest fish around 4.5 on a crank. would have weighed 5 for MAYBE 18 pounds
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 11-01-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Nice bro at least you found them. I hope my Perris Thursday session is as good as this. Wtg.

do you know if they bluestoned,,,,,,,,,,,,,S/O,,,,,,,,,,

i went to perris last thursday and killed it on shore with ikas. average 3lbs it was awesome

yeah man, heard they bluestoned TWICE to kill the weeds off. the combo of the bluestone plus the water POURING in at the aqueduct, i swear at a little more than normal, had a lot to do with the rapid color change. im talking in less than 4 days, the water went from 12" visibility to almost 10'. havent really seen a lake turn that fast.

oh well, still a fun trip. conrats socal rob for getting on them good at perris!! stoked for you!

good luck bassgrabber! hopefully perris treats you well. i'll be at skinner on thursday and hope i can unlock the larger fish code.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    yeah man, heard they bluestoned TWICE to kill the weeds off. the combo of the bluestone plus the water POURING in at the aqueduct, i swear at a little more than normal, had a lot to do with the rapid color change. im talking in less than 4 days, the water went from 12" visibility to almost 10'. havent really seen a lake turn that fast.

oh well, still a fun trip. conrats socal rob for getting on them good at perris!! stoked for you!

good luck bassgrabber! hopefully perris treats you well. i'll be at skinner on thursday and hope i can unlock the larger fish code.

Thanx Matt.....I'm always looking for another 12+ pounder.

Default skinner 11/4/11

i hope you get one again!
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 11-04-2011 at 12:44 AM.