Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A dumb question, not about fishing.

Default A dumb question, not about fishing.

My wife is into face book and has asked me if I wanted to sign up also, she thinks it's cool and talks with family and friends sometimes but not that much...Any feed back on this face book thing ? Kind of sounds like fun I guess.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 10-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.

what do you want to know. I know that tons of my family and freinds have been doing it for the past few years now and it is pretty cool. you can add freinds leave comments on there profiles look for freinds that may have a facebook. And a bunch of other stuff. If your real into keeping in touch with freinds and family then facebook is the thing for you.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

like fish-o-haulic said, if you like being social and keeping up with friends, family, and sharing things with them over the internet...it's pretty cool.

Seems to consume much of your free time. My daughters are all into it and it appears that they are
    constantly working for free. Updates ect. Texting is the worse thing ever invented by man.

Example; I'm sitting at the beach parking lot, chilling in the car, watching the sunset, radio on, windows down.
    Some girl pulls up, windows up, leaves the engine running, constant texting for 10 min, missing the whole relaxing experience, dolphins, waves ect. I've seen this so many times.

If you want to make your life more busy with this anti-social media addiction then go for it.
    It is difficult to even talk to people now a days with non stop facebook updates and texting.

DR

I say it depends, most of the people i know go on facebook at most once or twice a week. and i know alot of people who use facebook. I have a freinds who constantly texts though but other than that i technology hasnt consumed as much of my family and freinds as i thought it would. Of course it consumes me but im a computer nerd so i live and breath technology when im not in the good ole outdoors fishing,hehe.

old pudd fisher remember the 1960's, 1970's, Pre internet, pre cell phone, the divorce rate wasn't 50%,
    cheap gas, no credit cards, plenty of jobs, LIFE WAS MUCH BETTER.
    DR

I was talked into making an account at FB about a yr ago by a fishing buddy (basscaptain-Kirk)...
    Amazing, I have found friends from High school (circa 1962/3)..
    Old Work buddies (retired from City of SB)..
    My kids and grand kids are on there and we stay in a lot more contact then before..
    A couple of old girl friends etc etc etc...

I thought it was just a place for kids to cuss and talk crap.. Way Wrong!!!!

No diff then being here or other sites, just a wider variety of contacts.
    I go through all the friends listed on people I become friends with and look for other friends...
    Some great Pics of whats happened in their life and what they are up to now..

I think its pretty amazing for us old farts actually.....

I have several friends from here at FNN also.. Probably a whole lot more there??
    Kind of interesting to see what else is happening in their life besides fishing..
    You can see what they say and interactions with their other friends, Pic they post etc etc.
    Join.... Ill friend you (Frank Catalano - send a request).....
    But know we are talking "global" contacts & members, I even have a nephew with same name....

Last edited by Nessie Hunter; 10-30-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    I was talked into making an account at FB about a yr ago by a fishing buddy (basscaptain-Kirk)...
    Wow, you just talked me into it, thanks.

DR

Watch out dude... those ex GF's have a way of finding you somehow.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Amazing, I have found friends from High school (circa 1962/3)..
    Old Work buddies (retired from City of SB)..
    My kids and grand kids are on there and we stay in a lot more contact then before..
    A couple of old girl friends etc etc etc...

I thought it was just a place for kids to cuss and talk crap.. Way Wrong!!!!

No diff then being here or other sites, just a wider variety of contacts.
    I go through all the friends listed on people I become friends with and look for other friends...
    Some great Pics of whats happened in their life and what they are up to now..

I think its pretty amazing for us old farts actually.....

I have several friends from here at FNN also.. Probably a whole lot more there??
    Kind of interesting to see what else is happening in their life besides fishing..
    You can see what they say and interactions with their other friends, Pic they post etc etc.
    Join.... Ill friend you (Frank Catalano - send a request).....
    But know we are talking "global" contacts & members, I even have a nephew with same name....

Facebook was more for adults for the longest time until like a year or 2 ago. when kids left myspace for facebook.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast