Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Havasu Current Conditions...

Default Havasu Current Conditions...

Has anyone fished Havasu recently. I am gonna be up there this weekend looking to nail some LMB and SMB. Any info would be great. Send me a PM if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Has anyone fished Havasu recently. I am gonna be up there this weekend looking to nail some LMB and SMB. Any info would be great. Send me a PM if you'd like.
    Hey go here http://havasufishing.com/ there is a guy hammering them now. I love Havasu but boat got some problems now. Good hunting on your trip....

Just got back from there at 1:30 AM Monday 8/3. The word was to get out early and scan for shad schools and boiling fish.
    We were on the water at 5:30 AM on Sat and Sun and never found any sign in the places that should of had bait and fish.
    We worked the water and never caught anything. The water is clear except for the lake mouth. Some large floating debris fields and algae.
    You could do good if you try the coves in tight. We stayed in the channel looking for linesides.
    Good luck
    Its still hot out there............

Right on, are they dialed in on the shad because that is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Right on, are they dialed in on the shad because that is the worst.
    Well 3 locals all said the shad population has been down big time. No one knows why either. Lots of speculation on that going around so I won't comment on it.
    Best thing is to get on the water very early and fish hard till the speed boats and wind come around in the main portion of the lake, then roll into the coves. But heck what do I know I struck out. Well we did catch a few small LM's in the cove at Nautical Inn where we stayed, 6" Bass

Ya I will be out there sat/sun. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Anyone else fished there recently for LMB and SMB??