Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Going to Mead on a striper hut

Default Going to Mead on a striper hut

Leaving Friday to Lake Mead for a striper hunt and oh yeah a family reunion (on the wife's side). Looking for a little FNN help. Taking the boat so we can be on the move. Any info is greatly appreciated. I have a feeling a well planned escape maybe in order.

See you on the lake

Quote Originally Posted by tagg27 View Post
    Leaving Friday to Lake Mead for a striper hunt and oh yeah a family reunion (on the wife's side). Looking for a little FNN help. Taking the boat so we can be on the move. Any info is greatly appreciated. I have a feeling a well planned escape maybe in order.

See you on the lake
    I'll be out for the 4th and beyond, have a friend in Henderson that hit's Mead regularely from a tube, we'll be at 33 hole and Government Wash probably.

What's your target species and where are you staying? It's a big lake, topwater is starting up, LMB's are on the chew but stripers in the area we like to target them during the summer are nothing but dinks so far. If your after the big ones then there is no other choice but Willow Beach.

What's your Huckleberry?

Seal - LMB & Striper. We are staying out on the lake over this weekend. Always searching for DD but I'll have a few a few younguns with me so dinks will keep them occupied. We are launching out of Caville Bay and probably end up going North. Are you throwing cranks or drifting bait? Do you know around what depth the stripers are running at? I miss striper fishing.

I tend to fish and tube 33 hole, Government Wash, Boulder Bay and Sunset Overlook areas. 33 hole is a good bet for dink stripers right now, water level has come up a bunch so lot's more structure/brush flooded, Largemouth are in the shallows chasing fry. My buddy has been getting them on beetlespins, traps and jerk baits both LMB's and Stripers, for some reason they are loving the little beetlespin possibly because of the size of the fry right now. The LMB's are feeding pretty good now but as of yet haven't heard of any big pods of stripers boiling or slurping on the shad fry but that bite could start up any day now due to the warmer weather and water.

Take a look at these sites, might have some current info..

http://www.nevadastriperclub.org/for...wforum.php?f=9

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/N...=unread#unread

Thanks for the info Seal

Do Stipers live in Huts ?

only the resourceful ones.lol