Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Dfg popped the live trout chuckers

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePig View Post
    So sign the form saying you want him arrested.....then use the video. It's not hard to figure it out. it will never go to court.....he will plead guilty. There are exceptions to the misdemeanor rule...do you know them...law boy? lol
    Wow a challenge. the exceptions are....

Misdemeanor domestic violence
    Domestic violence restraining order violation
    DUI
    A few others, but those are the main ones.

And yes a private citizen signing the form will work. The officer then "accepts" the arrest. True it would probably not go tocourt due to a plea. However if it does go to court, the witness MUST testify or the case will be thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Video evidence is admissible in misdemeanor prosecution. Surveillance viewed by a peace officer is considered "witnessing." Just think of all the shoplifting cases that would get dismissed if the officer had to actually witness the violation in person. Also consider that the person witnessing the violation just has to sign a private party arrest form for the cite to be issued, even without video.
    You are wrong. Shoplifting cases ARE citizen arrests where a form MUST be signed, even if the officer witnesses the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Wow a challenge. the exceptions are....

Misdemeanor domestic violence
    Domestic violence restraining order violation
    DUI
    A few others, but those are the main ones.

And yes a private citizen signing the form will work. The officer then "accepts" the arrest. True it would probably not go tocourt due to a plea. However if it does go to court, the witness MUST testify or the case will be thrown out.

With all due respect gentlemen....this is a fishing website. I think there is an amateur law forum somewhere if you google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    With all due respect gentlemen....this is a fishing website. I think there is an amateur law forum somewhere if you google it.
    You tell 'em, Crow.

I believe the site is

www.jailhouselawyering.com

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    You are wrong. Shoplifting cases ARE citizen arrests where a form MUST be signed, even if the officer witnesses the video.
    Indeed, they generally are. However video surveillance has been used to prosecute other misdemeanor violations such as vandalism among other crimes. In order to make a misdemeanor arrest an officer has to witness the violation. Video footage is a valid way of witnessing it. Of course the arrest or warrant must be made in a timely manner to avoid the stale misdemeanor rule. And getting the victim to sign that ppa form is always the bst insurance. I have seen someone prosecuted for a 647(a) based on video alone. No ppa or witnesses needed. Trust me, I didn't spend all that time in the Sheriff's Academy for nothing, lol. Anyways we're getting way off topic now. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I have seen someone prosecuted for a 647(a) based on video alone.
    Hey, George Michael had a perfectly good explanation for that.

Wow...everyone so angry....I'm simply glad they got caught.

I remember when Sea Addiction had almost everyone fooled on this board with his "Mad Skills" holding up 30lb striper daily. I called Mad B.S. Then, someone saw him jigging for stockers in the marina and all his UL gear. I knew it.... I heard he finally got popped too.

Sad thing is, for every mouth breather that gets caught there are 10 others who never will.
    "people may get by but they dont get away"
    - My mom
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I remember when Sea Addiction had almost everyone fooled on this board with his "Mad Skills" holding up 30lb striper daily. I called Mad B.S. Then, someone saw him jigging for stockers in the marina and all his UL gear. I knew it.... I heard he finally got popped too.
    LOL, remember that video he made?!

I still have that mp4 on my desktop and send it to people randomnly to have a good laugh.

You can erase it from YouTube, but good luck erasing it from my hard drive.

I have to say, I do miss his posts. It was kinda like this:

So somebody has to know more information someone had to have been there. 9 million posts and still no certain information. I guess they are all rumers and nobody really uses live trout (except the guys i see doing it with my owne eyes)

I don't know why guys keep using trout to fish for stripers. The stripers LOVE baby LMB....mmm tastey. I catch limits when I fish with baby LMB every time. LOL.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast