Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Canal Time!

Default Canal Time!

After I get off work at the Bar tonight in Poway I am going to wake up my kid and head east! My old man was at the base in El Centro when I was a kid and we fish the canals all the time. I have Taken My kid only once before and I tried finding the Place my old man took me to but that did not work out to good we fished alot around calexico and that place has grown alot in the last 30 years. I couldnt get access to some and couldnt remember other. I took my son to the hydro electric plant by Gordons well but I know that been changed as well due to the lining. We also fish were the hi line started. I am thinking of taking him more towards the salton sea. I can remember an old ice house we would stop at for blocks I think it was in niland. Can any one suggest any places ? I would appreciate it thank you! Mike

Thanks anyways, off we go!

A little late to the party, but try hitting the Highline with Crawlers and live Bluegills. Some nice Channels to 7lbs being caught right now.

Where is this 'Highline' you're talking about? Im planning to head out to Blythe this coming weekend, and I would like to catch some Channels this time around. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thisgsx View Post
    Where is this 'Highline' you're talking about? Im planning to head out to Blythe this coming weekend, and I would like to catch some Channels this time around. Thanks!
    The Highline is in the Imperial Valley. It comes off of the All American Canal. You can drive along it's banks, although the west side is more vehicle friendly. LMB, SMB, Striper, Gills, Catfish, and Carp are all in there. Good luck!!!

thank you!

If you go through Niland turn east on the road right past the town store gas station and drive until you hit the coachella and or highline canals.. Then follow them and fish the gates or anywhere that looks fishy to you..