Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How to get skunked the right way 4/23. Happy East yo.

Default How to get skunked the right way 4/23. Happy East yo.

Wasn't really planning on fishing yesterday but had a rod with me and did make a stop or two.

No fish, but this is surely the only way to get skunked proper.

Started the morning off after a lazy sleep in until 10am, then jumped on the bike and headed up idlywild after a quick burger. Been a while, idlywild. Here's pics from 1/4 way up the 7,000' hill.

Had fun playing around for a bit.
    After a stop at the friendly neighborhood collective, it was off to the local tackle shop.
    Hadn't been by LAST CHANCE BAIT AND TACKLE for a bit so decided to go see their third new store location. Was pleasantly surprised that the new store was even bigger than the last two and they had more tackle on hand than ever.

Probably spent a good hour or two in there looking around and drooling, trying to keep my jaw off the floor. It's like a retail tacklewarehouse outlet but better! Tacklewarehouse doesn't have 6" foil lunker punkers in stock and I waited 2 weeks~ Last chance had 8 on hand! Picked one up and also the rare Daiwa Black Widow II for my collection.
    Here's a free bump for one of the baddest Tackle Shops in socal, LAST CHANCE!!!
    Thanks guys you rock. Please patronize your local tackle outlets such as these!
    No affiliation!

More swimbaits and worms and cranks thank your grandpa can shake a fist at.

Good brand name fishing clothes galore

Salty, fresh, they have it all. Even the high end shimano designer equipment.

Billy bass says "Come check us out!"

Well sorry for the plug. On the way home, after deciding against going to DVL because my copilot wasn't prepared for the cold weather, we headed back to a familiar place to calmly end the day in style. I had hardly any line on my 1500A and was fishing in the bushes anyways so if I would have hooked a fish it would have got ugly.
    I was sitting there imagining hooking into a double digit bass with no line on my reel and stuck in the bushes. Lol what an epic loss that would have been.

No fish, but a good relaxing time to a nice long and fun filled day.
    I did manage to lose my bank card in the ATM along the way also and have to call the bank when they open on Monday to cancel out my old card. A small price to pay to get skunked the right way.

Here's what we scored from Last Chance bait and tackle. Seriously, if you guys haven't been down there yet, it's worth the trip! Bring your wallet~! they stock all the harder to find sexy baits that you won't be able to stop fondling.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-24-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Oh yeah I picked up a backpack full of trash at the lake too. Please guys pack out your trash. Bring a plastic bag with you and pick up some crap off the shore and bring it home to make sure it gets thrown away. Even if it's not your mess/trash.
    The fish gods will absolutely love you!

Thanks bro for that interesting story. I always get a kick out of your reports & pics. And thanks for picking up some trash from my favorite lake. Hate to say it but some fishermen are such pigs. If you bring it in, you can take it out.

Three other boats passed by me within the 2.5 hrs there and all said SLOW day so I didn't feel bad.
    If I was on the yak in the bush I know who'd have let them have it. Hehe
    Fish would likely be tight to deeper structure too. Drop offs are the ticket.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-24-2011 at 10:57 AM.