Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Salmon/Sturgeon - Columbia River Or/Wa

Default Salmon/Sturgeon - Columbia River Or/Wa

Arrived Fr 3-1 and on Sun we had a guided trip for Salmon & Sturgeon on the Columbia right along side the city of Portland & PDX (the airport).
    Actually got every one up and in the car by 6:15 AND ARRIVED AT Hayden Island Marina (right unde the I-5 bridge to Wash State/Oregon) in the middle of the Columbia River, early 6:30 with 7 AM arrival time... WOW, that never happens, EVER!!! :woot:
    Called Larry Kesch our paid guide. He was down at the boat and came up and got us.
    Outstanding weather forcast of = partly cloudy with NO RAIN. Again that never happens in Oregon either!!!
    The fishing Gods are with us so far!!
    Well we got out on the river and set up all 6 trolling rigs with large flashers and a Smelt at the end on a hok and all tied to the line. Larry had them all soaked in a blue die so the glowed Blue. cool!! :thumb:
    Did two very long slow trolls down current, like every one else (last day of Chinook Season so lot of boats out there. Nothing, no one catching at all. Larry was ont he phone with other guides and no one was getting bit..
    The water level had come up about 6 Ft 3 days ago and the bite had died!!!..
    OK, Got o plan B.... We are changing up and moving to Sturgeon Area.... On the Willamett?? River T intersects with Columbia and runs right through downtown Portland.
    Good choice, we had a steaqdy bite n them (small ones) for the last half of the day. Every one got 2 or 3 fish, They finally made me take one, I was having to much fun watching them whopp & hollar and taking pics & videos,

Nothing big or mega Sturgeon Size, just 2 to 4 footers, but a hell of a lot of fun for all of us...
    Here are some random pics. I have a couple of Videos also, Bt this laptop is driving me NUTZZZZ

And one Darn Catfish..... LOL

My son in the hoody, Brad..
    daughter in hat, Rebecca..
    granddaughter with glasses on, Crystal..
    (our guide in Camo Cap).. Larry..
    My great grandson is only 2 1/2 so didnt go, so added a pic of him at the end. Nicolas...

Super great Family bondng time for all o us....
    Had them all locked on the boat for the day, No where to run!!! lol **NO TEXTING ALLOWED** LMAO
    super great fun day.....

Worth every penny of the guide trip to have this quality time together........

Thanks for sharing! I love the Portland/Vancouver area!