Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W/0 bass + Swimbait fish

Great to see you back out there putting the hurt to the toads TJ.

Brent

congrats!!!! nice catches. You'll get that monster next time. By the way, what model crucial rod is that?

The rod is a CRC-S711XH.. Love it!
    I was fishing 20lb p-line with the mini bbz 6". Daiwa Luna 300 with the drag on the light side. I like to feel them pull although everyone advises otherwise.

Today I went back and used the 8" bbz with 30lb. Lots of followers but the bite was't there today. If anything it would have been a Hudd type of day and that's not my type of day. They all swam along with the 8" and 6" bbz's but no taps or hookups.

I did manage a few worm fish to 3-4lbs on the drop shot and a rattlin w/w moss kanimi flylined but nothing fancy. Have mroe pics but looks the same as the pics I already posted. I should post a pic of my whiteboy sun tan from two days in 90* weather after a winter inside and working.

Shorebound tomorrow.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 03-31-2011 at 03:31 PM.

TJ,

If you're getting follows, that means they're interested.

Try changing the cadence, retrieve, and more importantly, the depth that you are fishing those swimbaits. You can even switch the bait itself.

The worse days are when you don't even get a follow. That's when you know you're doing something completely wrong, or the fish are just not up to making friends that day.

Good luck!

Nice to see the bass guru still at it!! Great job TJ!

GD

nice fish man!!! if u dont mind me asking which lake was this?

Great job out there. What lake is this Perris? Glad to see this warm weather and some good fishing going on. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the fish.

Right on TJ..

Fooled a 5-6lb pound female into biting my worm today and lost it right at shore.
    Only this time I had MATT D and BRYAN of the old crew there with me for proof! Haha.
    Matt D managed his first bass of the year also today! Too damn hot to stick around!
    Matt D feeling guilty he switched from the swimmy rod to the worm to beat the skunk loloololol

I got april fooled by the big one again! Mofo fought HARD and thrashed all over and rightfully won it's 1long distance release. =)
    No worries! Satisfaction, guaranteed.

They definitely up spawning now. No more attacks until they done unless I play fair with swimbaits only and give them a chance.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-01-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Woops that's a Luna 253 not a 300.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12