Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Cpt midnight 3/4/11

Default Cpt midnight 3/4/11

Well after going hooping with CPT. Midnight and the homies a few weeks back, I knew I wanted to go again. When I told my buddy Kevin about the trip we went on and showed him picz, he was sold. He called up him up an booked the next open date. So got picked up and we headed to the launch ramp. We kicked back in the parking lot until our other guy showed up. Gus was our deck today. He helped us get our gear onto the boat and we were off by 2:45. CPT. David did his saftey speech and what the game plan was. It was to drop all the pots and fish for bass. We were the first boat out, so we had first pickings. No other boats showed up until an hour of us being out there. After we let them all go we had picked away at sandbass, sculpin and calicos til sundown. So after fishing for awhile we started to pull pots. 1st one was a blank. Gus was suprised because he said that was only the 3rd time thats ever happened. I was thinking this might be a long trip, but after more pots started to come up with 1-2 legals, it looked promising. We had crab mixed in the pots. Even some with just only crab. It was like this all night. We fished one more time between sets, but only got a slim picking at some more bass and sculpin. The bite seemed to die out towards the end of the night on everything. We ended up heading in around 10:30ish. We got back to the docks around 11 and sorted our bounty (we got 21 bugs and 18 crab). Then home it was. Overall it was definatly a great trip again with CPT Midnight and Gus. Hope to get out there again one more time before this seasons over. I've posted picz below, so check them out.

birds chillin

small cabezon

jerome with a sandbass

breeder calico caught and released

nice fat sculpin

sea cucumber

1 of 2 octopus brought up

sleepin after chucking it a few times

18 crab we caught

one of the biggest bugs

one of 2 coolers of bugs

You look familiar. I think we've fished before. Nice job on the robsters

nice haul, 8 days to go

Bug season ends on my birthday....I better get some before then. Crabs season is forever tho hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bassyakker View Post
    You look familiar. I think we've fished before. Nice job on the robsters
    Dude looks like Mack 10