Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood 1-5-11

Default Silverwood 1-5-11

Went to silverwood yesterday with my buddy to CR some trout and maybe take a stripey home for tacos and BOY was it cold in the morning, snow still on the ground. We hiked into cleghorn at 630 because the park was closed due to snow on the ground and moved around to a couple spots but nothing was biting. After a couple hours we decided to leave but I called up the office and they had just opened back up right then so we decided to head in.
    Fished the launch for a while...nothing
    Went to the beach....nothing
    Finally decided to hike down to miller..nothing

Bummer but I havent been skunked there in 5 trips so it was coming. The water is HIGH! I havent seen it that high all year and I fish there a lot. We tried to get on the dock but noone was there to let us on. It was like a ghost town lol. I may try and go back this weekend before my long range trip to mexico next week so hopefully the bite will be back on. It was beautiful though, no boats, no wind and no people. I havent seen that lake so smooth ever, it was a wakeboarders dream.

Suprised Miller didn't pay off???? They are opening late and closing early (closed yesterday at 3:00pm) due to black ice buildup over in Black Oak canyon area, also Cleghorn was not open yesterday they hadn't plowed.

Don't know if I'm gonna get there today but if I do I'll update the status.

Sorry about the skunk but it sure is purty right now!

Road down to Cleghorn probably not open tomorrow, still lot's of snow to plow. If Silverwood gets rain instead of snow tonight maybe things will open up.

Are there still debris all around the lake?

Yes, theres still debris but its only really bad in cleghorn and certain coves. Its tucked up near the shore everywhere in cleghorn so its tough to shore fish right now.

The shoreline in Cleghorn is clearing up, the water level dropped a couple feet and most of that debris is up on shore now, I don't know if they somehow pushed it on shore or if it was the small drop in water. Anyways Silverwood is clearing up and looking good! Also the road to Cleghorn is open as of Saturday, a little icy but no problem.