Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: laughlin trout

Default laughlin trout

hello, does anybody no when laughlin river, begin stocking trout?? thanks

COLORADO RIVER BELOW DAVIS DAM – Trout are scheduled to be stocked this week, week of Nov. 8. The last stocking trout were not stocked at the usual locations due to water levels. They were stocked at Rotary Park and about ¼ mile below Town Park.

In addition to the stockers some anglers have been reporting catching trout in the 20- to 22-inch range on night crawlers. Rainbow trout are stocked by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service monthly during the winter. The fish are normally stocked in two locations; Davis Camp and near The Riverside. Trout fishing at the stocking sites is great immediately following the stockings, then the fish move out and you need to find them. Rainbow trout are located throughout the river below Davis dam, but anglers typically report catching trout on the Arizona side across from the Riverside, off the shore of Davis Camp and in the big bend area. This year we have received multiple reports of larger holdover trout being caught. Remember to fish for trout, you need a trout stamp on Class A and Lifetime fishing licenses.

hey daryl, you ever fish in front of riverside or edgewater for striper, does bite turn on when they stock those trout?

There are some big striper in there. I haven't caught any big striper, but I've seen pictures. There are a lot of micro schoolies that you can catch easily on cut chovies. Usually I'll fish the trout near the Riverside, either NV or AZ side is good. Make sure you have AZ or NV license. I prefer the AZ license because it tends to be cheaper. You'll need the Colorado River stamp with either license. CA license WILL NOT work there.

If you're feeling brave, you can pin a stocker on a 6/0 and chuck it out there... (just kidding, don't do that)

If you're down for the drive, you can head to Willow Beach Marina on Lake Mohave. That's where the monster striper hang out and eat stockers. A lot of guys find success on big trout pattern plugs.

Live trout, go to jail!!! Or at least get a heavy ticket, NDOW (Nevada fish and game) do not mess around!!!!!

For info on stocking you can go to http://www.ndow.org/.

Even a dead trout will land you in some deep trouble. For those reading this, it really was a joke. Don't even think about trying it. If fish and game spot you, there's a good chance you could wind up in the "slammer" for the weekend.

Trout in Laughlin,

They plant stocker size trout during the winter and the fish spread all the way down to Lake Havasu (Topock Gorge) I never targeted them but have caught them on chovies fishing for stripers in the dead of summer. I hear that all the normal tactics work but can be hard during high water (high flows). Recently I have heard of larger holdover trout being caught 4#'s plus and down by Big Bend Park can be very good for fly fishing too. Plus with the growing population of Smallmouth bass like to hit streamers and wooly buggers never tried fly fishing here though. Good Luck to you.

B

have they stocked trout yet?

They have been stocking for about a month now.