Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
It was so close. I mean when it spit it with the bare hook and lure ripped off it didn't take too many cranks to get the line in. It was just out of sight but oh so close. The rig is internal jig head and it is a tough lure but still got torn off. At least the knot, line, reel, drag and rod did not fail. It couldn't spit it when it was farther and battling back and forth but when it got almost near and in, the line went limp and our hearts sank. It stayed on the bottom the whole time. It would not come up at all to the surface.

We had a perfect time stamp too because I looked back and saw what time I talked to my wife on my incoming calls time and that is when it was hooked and when it got off I looked at the time on my phone and it was 45 minutes. It was actually more but I don't know how long I was on the phone with my wife so I took off like 5 minutes. Could have been a bit more but not by too much? It felt like an eternity with so much anticipation.
wow great day you guys had. Tell your buddy I feel his pain on the big one I lost a big one a few weeks ago broke off my 50 pound braid.