Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Series!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Rooting for the Giants to beat the Phillies (who have eliminated the Dodgers in their past 2 attempts at trying to reach the World Series and also started a bean ball war during that time), make them MY Giants? I guess the part about me wanting the Giants to lose in the World Series because it'll be harder fall down to earth for the team and their fans you glanced over.

And wanting the Yankees to beat Texas while wearing a Yankee jersey that I got as a gift means I'm changing allegiance? Maybe the betting slip I've had on my fridge under a Dodger magnet for the Yankees to win the World Series might play a factor in that, although at this point, it's about to be flushed in the same toilet my Dodger betting slip did in May, the way this game is going.

In any case, apparently having no team to root for in October short circuited something in the Sports section of that ole noggin. Don't worry though, it's only a few more months until you can start happily bending over again, all the while your hard earned money goes to paying for Frank's lawyers, his 4th beach house in Malibu ... and for some reason, you seem to be proud of that, as if that is the definition of a true fan.

I, on the other hand, will be "supporting" the team by watching every game on TV, listening to Vinny and Jaime on the radio, or on my phone, since I subscribe to the MLB.tv package so I don't miss a Dodger game.

As far as the half season tickets I usually purchase every year that I stopped getting the season before last? Feel free to take 'em, TD, I'll tell the sales guy that keeps calling me that there's a Die Hard fan that would love them. They just went up another 8 dollars per ticket this year too. That means you're supporting them more than last year!

;-)

Okay so you are rooting for the giants basically because the Dodgers couldn't beat the Phillies and they started a bean ball war?(like the Blue Crew and giants have never had one of those right?) I'm sure you would agree that the Dodger/giant rivalry is the longest-standing and one of the most storied rivalries in the history of baseball....surely that carries some merit no? It would be just like a yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox to beat the Angels because they lost to them the year before last....your logic has medical MaryJane card written all over it DS!

Oh and by the way you pickem I'll be happy to take your betting action next year, just shoot me a PM

As far as supporting the team financially goes I hafta admit I did buy my daughter a cute tank-top for the summer and I did buy 2 Dodger dogs(extra onions and mustard of course), 4 large domestics(only a small equity loan) to share with the friend who got comp tickets for the two games I attended in 2010. Aside from that I got my Dodger fix on TV or 970AM, never a bad seat either! The mini season plan was terminated two years ago, so perhaps you just have me confused with someone else? (that or we just haven't had the time to get caught up lately!)

Quite "Frankly" the "McCourts" have me McPissed off about what they have let happen to this franchise, but regardless I will always be a Dodger fan and you will NEVER hear me say "I'm rooting for the giants"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'm rooting for the Giants
    OH I forgot to say congratulations to your giants DS...congratulations! So what size Bonds jersey you get?

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 11-06-2010 at 06:42 AM.

****&####@!!!!! the McDorks
    Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Okay so you are rooting for the giants basically because the Dodgers couldn't beat the Phillies and they started a bean ball war?(like the Blue Crew and giants have never had one of those right?) I'm sure you would agree that the Dodger/giant rivalry is the longest-standing and one of the most storied rivalries in the history of baseball....surely that carries some merit no? It would be just like a yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox to beat the Angels because they lost to them the year before last....your logic has medical MaryJane card written all over it DS!

Oh and by the way you pickem I'll be happy to take your betting action next year, just shoot me a PM

As far as supporting the team financially goes I hafta admit I did buy my daughter a cute tank-top for the summer and I did buy 2 Dodger dogs(extra onions and mustard of course), 4 large domestics(only a small equity loan) to share with the friend who got comp tickets for the two games I attended in 2010. Aside from that I got my Dodger fix on TV or 970AM, never a bad seat either! The mini season plan was terminated two years ago, so perhaps you just have me confused with someone else? (that or we just haven't had the time to get caught up lately!)

Quite "Frankly" the "McCourts" have me McPissed off about what they have let happen to this franchise, but regardless I will always be a Dodger fan and you will NEVER hear me say "I'm rooting for the giants"

OH I forgot to say congratulations to your giants DS...congratulations! So what size Bonds jersey you get?

TD

TD
    Lmao I know what you mean as a yankee fan Ill never root for the red sox never. Dodgers fans should be the same way I would never go for the giants If I was a so called Dodger fan. That rivary is just as bad as the yanks redsox one and probably the one that has the most bad blood. The yanks and red sox doesnt even seem relevant anymore as it used to be but we all know its there. Dodgers and Giants practilly Have rumbles every time they meet lol.

So what size Bonds jersey you get?
    TD

Bonds? Not a very good investment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12