Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duct, Trying New Things

All varies and I try it all. I throw in all directions (up flow straight across and down flow). I sometimes let it hit bottom and bounce it. I sometimes grind it back as soon as it hits the water. I sometimes let it sink a little and grind it back in the mid column. With all that I vary the retrieve speed, can pause and retrieve again, lift the rod tip and retrieve, drop the tip and retrieve and a combination of it all. The best is when you cast and as soon as th elure hits the water it gets nailed and the fish takes off. I think those times, I just happen to drop it right on em and they react to it instinctively. Many times you don't even get to crank the handle one turn and it's fish on. Yes sometimes it's easy as that but most of the time you have to work for em and cast hundreds and hundreds of times.

Forgot to add then in certain areas and when there is no flow or minimal flow, you can just vertical jig them too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12