Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shellfish / Lobster Warning !

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    Just for your peace of mind, I am a Marine Biologist, so if any has any question about your catch, we can take it to my lab that have it tested.
    Thanks for the info. What about the NEW SM to Seal new warnings for Sandbass and other fish.
    How is the Calicos and Sandbass ? OK to eat ?

Would you feed Horseshoe Kelp area Sandbass to your daughters ?
    DR

Sadly to say Ive eaten 12 lobster this season.. and they where yummy..LOL.. if any of you are scared please give me your address and I will drive over and pick up, and eat any "contaminated" lobster, I mean dispose of them in a timely manner, with some melted butter, doctor pepper and a side of garlic mash.. thank you for taking the time.. Viva Lobster!

So, sport-caught lobsters are bad, but commercial-caught lobster are ok? sounds fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_gsc View Post
    so, sport-caught lobsters are bad, but commercial-caught lobster are ok? Sounds fishy to me.

exactly, so lobsters etc caught comerically in the same place are ok!!! Sounds like the
    commerical folks are paying somebody off...........

I take these warnings with a grain of salt. Ohh and some melted garlic butter.

TS

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_GSC View Post
    So, sport-caught lobsters are bad, but commercial-caught lobster are ok? sounds fishy to me.
    it said commercial clams oysters and scallops. didn't mention commercial lobsters. I would assume they would fall under the same warning.
    But once again, not the tail. The guts is the issue.

man i want some lobster...

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Consumers Warned Not to Eat Certain Shellfish, Crustaceans, Fish from Channel Islands

The alert doesn't apply to commercially sold clams, mussels, scallops or oysters
    By Susan Klein-Rothschild | Published on 10.18.2010

Elevated levels of the toxin domoic acid have been detected in recent samples of mussels, clams, scallops, and the viscera of lobster and crab. Domoic acid can be harmful to people.

This warning does not apply to commercially sold clams, mussels, scallops or oysters. State law permits only state-certified commercial shellfish harvesters or dealers to sell these products. Shellfish sold by certified harvesters and dealers are subject to frequent mandatory testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A.R.G. View Post
    it said commercial clams oysters and scallops. didn't mention commercial lobsters. I would assume they would fall under the same warning.
    But once again, not the tail. The guts is the issue.
    Pass on the Carpace Soup.
    They can't be any worse than the LA/LB Port Lobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    I take these warnings with a grain of salt. Ohh and some melted garlic butter.
    TS
    Good One !
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 10-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12