Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish Finder for Boat/Pontoon rentals?

As long as the pontoon at the rear of the boat is a 90 or close to a 90 degree, it will work. If it is the type of pontoon that comes to a point...it won't. The transducer should be as close to perpindicular with the surface of the water as possible. The arm that holds the transducer is adjustable to adapt to the angle of the surface you attach the suction cup to.

I am too but I think most of us on here take pretty good care of our gear, when we get home I would think we just dont throw it in corner or just put the rods wherever, I'm sure we all have rod rack we put them into and or have something specially made for them. Like when I carry my rods in my truck they aren't on the floor board they hang from the ceiling in a rod carrier that I got from BPS, I freak out when my "Interline" rod from Diawa hits the ground, they are no longer replaceable since Diawa doesn't make the freshwater ones anymore, nor do they have parts for them.

When I saw the "fishin buddy" it was in very good condition and works pretty good, and like I said yes this chat room member who I got it from had rods hanging in their holders all over the place, very neatly I might add.

Thanks all for the info.

Maybe it would be easier to Buy a boat and Rent a fish finder????

LMAO...

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Maybe it would be easier to Buy a boat and Rent a fish finder????

LMAO...
    Good idea, but if I do that I won't have enough money to rent a fish finder. :P

Cabela's sells a portable bracket and I believe they make one's for transom and pontoon mounts. I bought a small rechargeable 12v battery and run my x135 off it. I use mine at DVL on the basic boats and I bring my own trolling motor. You can probably get a deal on a used x125 or x135 and put a set up together for about that much money. I have the transom mount model.Forget the suction cups. You'll forget about it and it will get caught up in the outboard.
    Last edited by WormFisher; 06-21-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WormFisher View Post
    Cabela's sells a portable bracket and I believe they make one's for transom and pontoon mounts. I bought a small rechargeable 12v battery and run my x135 off it. I use mine at DVL on the basic boats and I bring my own trolling motor. You can probably get a deal on a used x125 or x135 and put a set up together for about that much money. I have the transom mount model.Forget the suction cups. You'll forget about it and it will get caught up in the outboard.
    I wrap the excess cable around the cleat on the transom. That way if the suction cup does come off I won't have that problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12