Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Humans

Default Humans

Wanna know how stupid humans can be! Wipers were put in Hesperia lake to help clear the water up. Wipers helped Lake Elsinore big time. The lake is headed for a dramatic recovery. Humans see small wipers that will grow some day and net them up. Some think there sick others have no idea what it is.

FISHINGBEE

Ok I responded to your other post. My curiosity is how the Whipers are going to clear up the water. And I don't believe that was THE reason for planting Whipers, it was to put a more diverse fish in the lake that would help Hesperia compete with the other pay to fish lakes. When he was originally going to plant them it was very hush hush cause he didn't want another lake to beat him to the punch and purchase the Whipers before he got them (it's a cutthroat buisness at times).

i think the daily bag limit on humans should be RAISED - especially those orange ones!!!

They need to stock the Gulf of Mejico with a ton of wipers then.

I got it from the Ronnie Kovach show. He said it so write and ask him. Otherwise why would the wipers be so small for diverse fish in the lake. Kovach mentioned it about Elsinore. Sorry do not exactly have your answer.

FISHINGBEE

Sorry never heard of the GULF OF MEJICO.

FISHINGBEE

Small wipers stocked cause that's what he had access to. Resolution for Hesperia water quality, more pumps and a dredging. The thought about water clarity might have something to do with carp population in Elsinore.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Small wipers stocked cause that's what he had access to. Resolution for Hesperia water quality, more pumps and a dredging. The thought about water clarity might have something to do with carp population in Elsinore.
    Gotta agree with you on this Seal. That would be the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    I got it from the Ronnie Kovach show. He said it so write and ask him. Otherwise why would the wipers be so small for diverse fish in the lake. Kovach mentioned it about Elsinore. Sorry do not exactly have your answer.

FISHINGBEE
    Ah the Ronnie Kovach show....

Thats what the wipers do control carp population. It would never work for Hesperia Lake not enough carp to control. There is no interest in tiny Wipers. The wipers will never grow fast enough . Therefor whats the purpose. Last i knew it is not legal to free net fish.

FISHINGBEE went back did some reading. Wipers do control carp pop. IN which does help clear the water. I still do not see why you would stock tiny wipers so they can be killed before they grow. Especially in a small lake.
    Last edited by FISHINGBEE; 06-02-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    Thats what the wipers do control carp population. It would never work for Hesperia Lake not enough carp to control. There is no interest in tiny Wipers. The wipers will never grow fast enough . Therefor whats the purpose. Last i knew it is not legal to free net fish.

FISHINGBEE went back did some reading. Wipers do control carp pop. IN which does help clear the water. I still do not see why you would stock tiny wipers so they can be killed before they grow. Especially in a small lake.
    Because it's a pay to fish lake that will try whatever it takes to bring some bucks in the door. That's what they are all about, this isn't a pristine mountain lake or a LMB trophy C&R lake, it's Hesperia Lake/Pond. It's possible the the Wipers will feast off from the baitfish in the lake and grow (there are baitfish in the lake) and with any luck a topwater bite will develope this summer (dreaming I know). If it's somebody's Huckleberry then it will bring in more revenue which means more profit don't ya know! Not my deal but still Ed is doing what he thinks will bring the bucks in the door, that's all it is.

I worry about those that talk in 3rd person though, Seal out!