Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Largest bass in the world record is tied

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I hope Butch catches the record! It would just be awesome, but the Lagoon would get a LOT more pressure after that... He is an awesome guy and helps me out all the time. I think there is something huge lurking in the Lagoon.

There is more then one in there

I would bet my life that there is a couple bigger then the record

Default picture

dana your killing ne, lollololol take care buddy.

Just found a YouTube video of Manabu's world record catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXOyXArL9rw

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    I think you're missing my point..

LMB's are considered a trash fish in Japan and you are required to take the fish out of the lake when you catch one, now if that means throwing it away in the garbage or taking it home to eat IDK but you can be fined for releasing Bass in Japan. For that reason alone it's much harder for them to get big in Japan unlike here where everyone is encouraged to catch and release. They are also very unlikely to be preyed upon by other fish here either as they are an apex predator. A bigger bass will eat a smaller bass of the same species as well so keep that in mind. They are not deterred by being the same species. I think the Lagoon at Castaic is holding record bass as well as a few other places that I will not name. Check out this link and you will see what I mean...
    I see where you getting at and you make a good point, but just because Japan considers them to be a "junk" fish doesn't mean everyone is targeting them.

Plus the lake this LMB was caught in, (Lake Biwa) is the largest lake in Japan, covering some 259 square miles(sooo much bigger than Castaic), and is said to be one of the oldest lakes in the world, so these bass have alot of area to roam and alot of food to feed on without the worry of preditors.

I'm thinking will see another record bass pulled out of this Japanese lake again real soon.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 01-15-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    Just found a YouTube video of Manabu's world record catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXOyXArL9rw

I see where you getting at and you make a good point, but just because Japan considers them to be a "junk" fish doesn't mean everyone is targeting them.

Plus the lake this LMB was caught in, (Lake Biwa) is the largest lake in Japan, covering some 259 square miles(sooo much bigger than Castaic), and is said to be one of the oldest lakes in the world, so these bass have alot of area to roam and alot of food to feed on without the worry of preditors.

I'm thinking will see another record bass pulled out of this Japanese lake again real soon.
    There are a ton of people over there chasing those bass trust me. Bass don't have any predators anyways really except for when they are small but that pretty much equates to the same for all the other fish as well. Bass will eat bass, or if it can fit in their mouth it's food A record bass could definitely come out of Biwa though no doubt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345