Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Still Tubing Without Waders?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Hey Fire Ball,
    I went tube fishing on Thursday of this week and it was 64 degree water temp. I would say it's a bit too chilly to go without waders. Wet suit is probably a good idea until you can purchase waders. Also, about two months ago I went without my waders and when I was fishing over by the pier in Paradise Cove some water insect was biting by legs. It developed into a red rash that took several weeks to disappear. Could have been the day that they treated the water and the chemicals caused it as well. Another factor you will experience is the wind at Castaic Lake. Very difficult if the wind gets close to 10 mph and impossible when it's over 15 mph. Plus you have to contend with the wind chill factor...if you are setting in 65 degree water and the wind is blowing it can get very uncomfortable very quickly.
    Thanks. I haven't heard of any water bugs or anything, but thanks for the warning.

Be sure to keep looking in the FNN classifieds for waders and also post yourself "seeking" some used wadrers.
    I bought two pairs of breathables on e-bay back in June for a very reasonable price for each.

I'd suggest getting waders

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Bass View Post
    I'd suggest getting waders
    I already got the waders. I told you that already! I think don't think you know this is my thread, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I already got the waders. I told you that already! I think don't think you know this is my thread, lol.
    Lol ya I posted on my phone and wasn't paying attention. So how are the waders?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Bass View Post
    Lol ya I posted on my phone and wasn't paying attention. So how are the waders?
    They kept me warm, but my toes got cold. I need to wear some thicker sock. I just wore my normal socks and those are really thin.

Default Try this out

If you have your regular socks on place a plastic bag over your socked foot with a small rubberband at the top and then slip on a wool sock over that. It will keep your feet really warm down inside your waders. I've done that as the water temp gets colder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    If you have your regular socks on place a plastic bag over your socked foot with a small rubberband at the top and then slip on a wool sock over that. It will keep your feet really warm down inside your waders. I've done that as the water temp gets colder.
    I don't know if the bags would really do anything, but I think I will wear two pairs of socks next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12