Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reels. Daiwa or shimano

Curado Is your best value, especially at that price. It has an awesome line capacity for a low profile reel and is super light.... It's more of an all arounder reel.... g'luck!

Default reels

where are you getting the curado e7 for $125 ?? i would buy 2 if i were you

I have the curado e5, basically the same reel with lower gear ratio, not exactly what you're asking about but i like it aaaaloot. it's light, and casts/retrieves really smooth. can't go wrong especially at 125$. I don't have the other reels you posted so can't be any helpful about them.
    Last edited by whate; 10-08-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    where are you getting the curado e7 for $125 ?? i would buy 2 if i were you
    Im a retail Hardware store and have recently opened an account with a fishing supplier! So that is actually my cost! I was hoping they carried the Calcutta but no luck!
    Last edited by duce; 10-08-2009 at 03:04 PM.

The E5 is the most versatile on your list and can handle all of your techniques other than trout fishing. None of those reels will be able to handle 2 or 4lb line.

When you want a Curado/Calcutta comparison, I assume you want to compare the B and the E because they are similar in price. If so, I would definitely choose the Curado. If you can though, I would recommend the CT 100TE. Great reels, but a bit pricier than those mentioned other than the Pluton. If you want the absolute best, go with the Conquest 100. OMG, one of the best reels EVER.

IMO, for 6-10lb line I'd get a Daiwa Sol, anything above would be a Calcutta TE(unless high speed is necessary). Curado E for the price of a Citica is a steal though.

I'd buy a cheap setup for cat fishing. No need for anything fancy to backlash at night. I've seen too many setups pulled into the drink by cats to even consider using higher end gear for them.

PLUTON one bad a** reel, I love mines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12