Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: recommendations please

Default recommendations please

Hey - anybody got a recommendation for a 6 or 8 pack charter boat out of San Diego? Thanks in advance.

After the 14th of July, I'll tell you what I think of the "Go For Broke" out of H&M. She's pricey, but the deciding factor for me was the positive input I read and got from a local SD fishing site. Another important factor for me were the accomodations and "booze" factor when I booked this, as I have clients who I know will appreciate that kinda setup, rather than the old galley tab stuff you see on moo-moos. I can bring whatever booze I want for free, and the dining is included in the price.

I know that if I was doing this purely for pleasure and hanging with friends that all that wouldn't matter as much.

If you do plan on chartering one out, you best hurry up. I had a heck of a time getting this one planned about 2 months ago. I also tried the "El Gato Dos" out of Seaforth but she was booked (maybe see if there are cancellations?), and I heard good things about that smaller yacht too.

Good luck!