Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Long beach launch?

Default Long beach launch?

Buddy lives on Ocean at the north end of Bluff Park and wants to hoop tonight. Do they have set hours for the parking lot? I want to launch as close as possible to the island and breakwall as possible. Davies and the other launch ramps cost monay and are far inside the harbor making for a much further paddle. Anyone? Thanks.

Default LB Hooping

Dwight,
    How is it going? You can not start pulling hoops until 12:01 tonight/tomorrow morning and I believe that is TOO late for any of the parking lots in LB. You can park on Ocean & Claremonte Ave and that is a strait shot to Chaffee and the Wall but it is a long paddle. Be VERY careful as there will be a Ton of boat traffic on the water and you will cross right infront of where they will be jetting out of Alamitos Bay. Good Luck!

Doug

D-D-DOUG! the man I owe all my mad skillz to.
    I'm going with a group of newbies so probably just launch from the ramps. Couple of close islands and the QM wall should be productive but I don't know if it's a restricted zone? I think most will be out by the breakwall.
    Working a 9-5 jobby job now so if you're up for weekend trips, I'm ready to venture outside the wall at redondo. Been doing it at Dana Point.