Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: new to float tubing

Default new to float tubing

Got the tube and ALL the gear this weekend from a buddy who no longer had the room to store gear he didn't use.
    I'm taking the tube on it's maiden voyage this weekend. Another buddy who is experienced at tubing is gonna show me the ropes, but I'd like to have an idea in my head of how to maneuver around and any other tips you guys might find useful.

like how to turn or go fowards and backwards etc...

thanks

you will learn all on your own.just take a couple of minutes to familiarize yourself with the tube,when you kick with the left leg you will do right,kick with your right and you go left.(or is it the opposite)lol.but anyways just stretch b4 you go out ,dont over do it.make sure you have awhistle or airhorn so you can let boaters know where your at.and always be on the look out.you dont want that run down feelin.

Be sure all valuables are secure! There is nothing like losing something and not even knowing about it until your'e back to the car.

your in for alot of fun when you get the hang of it,but do stretch its a work out,and a different feel when you land a fish....good luck

If you have a pole holder make sure your pole is secure in there. I lost a pole at Newport because I didnt have it set in all the way when the fish hit it. Good luck this weekend.

I got a pole holder and rod leashes, I also have a rape whistle too.
    I'll be sure to stretch before jumping in.
    thanks for all your advice.