Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oceanside Harbor Pier and Shore Report

Mister Twister, Klocked, the only time I have used peas for bait was at Catalina. Even Calicos and assorted fish were biting on peas there. Other people had brought the peas, though. (They were nice and shared the peas.) I would like to buy a bag of my own frozen peas and use those.

I have heard of using algae for bait but have never tried it. I could clearly see the Opaleyes eating the algae near shore, especially on this trip, so I know it should work. If you have seen my reports you can see that I usually catch Opaleyes on Mussel. I have also caught them on Squid, and even on worms. I guess peas and moss are next. Who knows, perhaps flyfishing with a Moss-fly or a pea-fly?

Thanks lefty I love your reports they are so down to earth,when reading them its like I'am their with you. It may sound nuts but after reading them I feel so relaxed. You have a way with words. Fish on and tell us more of your adventures.

Old Pudd Fisher, Wow! Thanks for the endorsement.

I fish Puddingstone sometimes. Perhaps I will run into you there, or a location to be named later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123